• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

It is natural to hold her against his chest, to let his voice rumble slowly between them. It is the only comfort that he can bring her, this warmth and closeness, the security of knowing that he was there and that he wasn’t going anywhere. She presses her face into his neck and he takes a deep breath, doing his best to act as a shelter for whatever storm rages within her, whatever drives her through so much pain.

He has known this kind of pain, and the only thing you can do is ride it out.

The only thing you can do is let it roar through you.

“I miss her too,” he confesses as softly as she. He can only wonder at what his life would be like if Minette was still here. His time with Joelle had been cut tragically short, but in many ways, it felt like he had been robbed of his time with Minette completely. They had just begun to open up to one another. They had just begun to entrust their secrets to one another when it was all ripped away.

It was difficult to not be bitter about it, to not begrudge fate for its cruelty.

So he understands when she puts away, when the brief ray of sunshine fades from her eyes, when the question tumbles from her lips. He frowns, taking a steadying breath before shaking his head. “I don’t know, baby girl,” because she was still his daughter, she was still his baby. “I do know that you can’t focus on the pain or you’ll suffocate on it.” He’s gotten close before, gotten close enough to feel it knock the wind out of him, rattling his knuckles on his ribs, reminding him how easy the end would be.

“You have to focus on the good. There’s always some good if you look hard enough.”

One corner of his lip rises into a sad smile.

“You’re my good. This, right here, is my good.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[Amorette] <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 11:18 PM