• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus
    "To love is to burn, to be on fire."

At his confession, her lips curl up ever so slightly. It warms her heart to hear those words, to know her mother is not forgotten. Not that she’d expected that of her father, after all, he still welcomes his adult daughter into his embrace too after all this time, to be the rock that Amorette so desperately needs, but it is still nice to hear. She does not offer a reply, other than that the more firm pressure of her muzzle against his neck. There is simply nothing she can say. Sadly enough, Minette is gone, untraceable.

She can only nod as she carefully glances up at the golden male. He’s right. If there was only an simple answer, or an answer at all, she’d be willing to do whatever it took to get rid of all hardship and evil. But she cannot. “Just.. it’s hard..” she murmurs in reply, finding it easier lately to just swallow herself in her grief.

Her eyes blink once, twice, before her lips start to curl into a smile. Amorette simply cannot help it. Why she smiles, she does not know, knowing she should cry instead. Magnus, with his words to focus on the good, says exactly how Amore has always lived her life, but it is a path she had strayed away from somewhere along the way. “You’re right, dad, o so right.”

Her muzzle is pressed against his for a moment, only to step closer and snuggle up against his broad chest again. “Thank you, dad” she murmurs softly, then sighing, knowing he is right, but still finding it difficult to look through the hardships and into the sun again. “So much has happened..” .. and I haven’t gotten any time to deal with it.

Like finding Brennen’s girls in the forest, or dealing with her heartache over her non-existent love relationship with Levi, and let is not forget to mention Warrick’s leave and Wound’s disappearance. But most of all, Amore feels like she has failed Tephra, and failed her son in the process. A son she never got to introduce to her father.

“I.. you’re a grandfather dad..” she murmurs softly out of the blue, not daring to look up at Magnus and instead keeping her soft gaze ahead. “I miss him..” Maybe he would’ve still been around if things had been different.

@[magnus]
    I'm sorry for the wait! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus - by Amorette - 11-20-2018, 03:20 PM