• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL ISCHIA, again sorry.
    When the roan @[Carwyn] meets his eye with an easy smile, Ivar returns it without hesitation. The stallion isn't certain if she is simple or simply besotted, but since it does not matter to him he does not waste time trying to distinguish between the two. The kelpie sidles closer to her, his golden hooves ever in the water, but before he can speak or brush his muzzle along the sweep of Carwyn's neck his attention is drawn by rapid muttering between @[Karat] and @[Kromium].

Ivar hadn't listened to what Kromium had said because he doesn't care about the other stallion. He does, however, eye the pair of them with a sudden scowl, disliking the closeness between his mare and another stallion, even if it is her brother. Especially if it is her brother, Ivar is thinking, knowing the purple perversions better than most.

The earth quakes once more as Ivar meets Kromium's gaze, and that with the absence of the bay magician confirms that it is the emerald-haired stallion that is causing it. Ivar's handsome lip raises in a snarl, revealing sharp white teeth for just an instant.

Carwyn asks what agreement they might make, and though Ivar looks toward her to answer, the words that come are Karats. This is, perhaps, slightly better, as the purple mare's explanation is less crass than his might have been.

"No," He says to Karat when she has spoken. "I will be King."

"You" Ivar says to the metallic Kromium, "are not welcome here." The stallion does not like the way he looks at Karat, and the kelpie does not like an unrelated male on his island.

Karat mentions the title she desires - Keeper - and Ivar does not hide the amusement that creases his face. If anything, he will be the island's keeper and protector but he does not begrudge the silver mare her titles. He cares for little beyond his kingship and his possession of Karat. Possibly of Carwyn as well, and he smiles at the blue roan overo. Karat had left out a part of the agreement, and while he is very slightly inclined to keep the lavender haired mare's secret, he is also unconcerned by any reaction from her brother.

Ivar is in the water, after all.

"I also offered Karat the chance to be my consort," He adds to Carwyn. "That applies to you as well." Ivar says this magnanimously, as though it is an honor. It is, really, and he is hopeful. The kelpie has always loved the look of wings beneath the water. 

ooc: since no one else has replied to this thread i'm writing as though Ivar, Karat, Kromium, and Carywn are the only ones present now that Brennen has left. but if anyone else wants to hop in that's obviously fine since it started out as an all kingdom meeting Tongue
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    The blue Roan mare let her blue eyes dart back and forth between the other three horses. She had noticed that the green stallion had said that he wanted to help aide the land. She took in the lavender mares words. The winged girl gave a soft sigh as they all tried to agree on who would be the leader. Carwyn said "Well Karat I will have to think that over. I just don't want my home in the hands of the wrong people." She looked over at the kelpie stallion Ivar and took in his words. He hadn't said much this time around though. She perked and ear as she thought about the position he offered her. She said "Ivar if I agree what would I have to do while I'm part of the position?"
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin
    Kromium
    Blood is Thicker than Water

As Karat speaks of all her ideas, plans made without him, he is reminded of a time long ago when she had left him on the beaches of Tephra.  Promised to silence of her transgressions.  He had allowed her to leave and it had been a grave mistake.  His twin had never been the same after she returned.  Introverted to his side and his side only, he had vowed to protect her from any who would do her harm.  Now with a fresh wound across her topline, he wonders just how safe she is anymore... 

How quickly she forgets her past when her ambitions get the better of her emotions.

You are not welcome here

The stallions statement lingers in his frontal lobe and causes a sharp exhale to rumble through his nares.  His lack of amusement for this situation is as rigid as his external form.  The iron that has consumed him doesn't bend under the pressure of the piebald distasteful gaze.  If anything it grows thicker -stronger- with the possessive way the kelpie speaks of this island and the mares present -his sister.  He had vowed to protect the island and those who chose to live here but he could not save them from themselves or their decisions.  He could only offer an alternative...

Carwyn speaks up next and asks of her duties if she accepts this offer.  He doesn't wait for the kelpie to answer before he interjects.

He steps to the side of his sister, emerald eyes hardened on the scaled that has pronounced himself king.  His thoughts question just what intentions have been so vaguely brought forth.  Agreements and contracts, kings and consorts.  It sounded more of a prison than an actual kingdom and it seems as though neither mare is listening to reason.  "I don't know what bargain you are trying to make here but it doesn't sound worth the risks... I don't trust you have good intent Ivar and I'll be damned if I am leaving my sister or Carwyn in your care."  There was just something that did not sit right with him about this stranger.  He has yet to release his grasp on his strength below the earths crust, ready and awaiting to strike if the situation called for it.

Karat

The idea that the Kelpie would keep his word is fleeting when he rejects her proposition.  Instead instating himself as the King and Champion of Ischia.  It wasn't the bargain they had made but she was willing to allow the co-rule if that would get her what she desired.  In making her annoyance know she inquires, "Ok. King and Champion of Ischia..." She thinks to asks if he would like anything else but she figures the answer would be yes and she was done giving things away today.

Her focus was still on the winged roan and whether the stranger would agree to her terms.  The mare looks to Ivar again as if she is invisible of not worth speaking to.  This irritates her again and her powers begin to flex the silver and gold that hides deep within the veins of their world.  Drawing them closer to the surface and begins to weave their way up her lavender limbs.

When Krom steps up to her, she releases the advancement of the metals.  Her ears bending to what he has to say, finding them a refusal to listen to her wishes as well.  She snorts, lavender whips slashing at her silver hide and ears flattening to her skull.  "Enough!" Her tone is sharp and she looks to the Kelpie, "Name the cost, in its truth, to siding with you Ivar... What exactly are we agreeing to?" She looks then to her brother as she speaks again to the piebald, "If your terms are agreeable, I will tell my brother to leave..."  

@[Ivar] @[Carwyn]
    The tide creeps higher as they talk, little waves that the horses standing on the sand might not yet notice. But the water tugs at Ivar's legs, pulls at his tangled tail, and beckons him back to the depths. The kelpie is not adept at the fine points of politics, these long discussions where a simple fight would have solved it in a moment.

@[Carwyn] tells @[Karat] that she will have to think over what the greying mare has proposed, claiming that she doesn't want her home in the hands of the wrong people. The kelpie scowls; he does not care what she wants.

He is still scowling when the roan mare turns to her, a question in her voice when she asks what she will have to do while serving as his consort. "Anything you'd like," he tells her, allowing the scowl to melt away into his charming smile. Even with no effort, Ivar is dazzling, and as he takes another step closer, he brushes her shoulder in greeting with his scaled muzzle.

"As long as you also keep me entertained," He adds before he pulls away, lacing an intangible command in with the words. "Perhaps give me a child or two." He adds, so quietly that only Carwyn will hear. It's a life of ease, he offers her, a continued existence on this tropical paradise that he now possesses in its entirety.

"No one is making any sort of a bargain. There are no terms that are up for debate, no more agreements to make." The kelpie grows weary of talk. His words are clipped and short, the tenor of his soothing voice barely enough to make them still alluring. "This is my island. You" - he looks at Kromium, pinning him with his golden gaze a scowl - "are leaving whether you want to or not. And you two," - his sharp eyes flick from Karat to Carwyn as the water creeps farther up his legs - "Can either accept my rule and whatever responsibilities I choose to give you, or you can leave with him."

Ivar would like to add two jewels to his collection - one silvered lavender and the other blue roan - but he is unwilling to risk losing this island for them. The claiming of this island should have been over the moment he declared his intent to rule, and yet the kelpie continues to be frustrated by discussion rather than action.
    Carwyn
    Folded wings into flattening veins and fluttering eyes
    The blue Roan mare gave the lavender mare a apologetic smile and said "If  I agree with your terms then I'd like to know what you'd have me do?" She then listen to the kelpie stallion and then look at him when he had suggested that she give him a foal. The winged girl thought about it and wasn't sure if she wants to accept. She almost wanted her grandfather here to give her suggestions and support. Carwyn gave them a small smile and said "I will accept but I want to be more useful than just your entertainment and child barrier. Also any of my children will be related to Brennen, so if you have a problem with that then fine." She had said that quiet enough only Ivar could here.
    Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
    In the mess of all I have thrown away
    HTML by Call-pic manip by Devin
    Kromium

Again the Kelpie demands he leave the island, and at this point he is more than willing.  As long as Karat and Carwyn would agree to come with him.  Back to the safety of Tephra to sort this mess out another day.  Nothing, not even their home was worth their freedoms.

His agitation becomes clear to everyone present.  His control of the worlds iron began to wither plant life and cause suffocating in the seas.  Stripping the natural world of the iron that ran in their veins, cutting off the substances they needed to survive.  Fish begin to wash up along the beaches, flopping in distress as they are rendered breathless.  The flora without iron could not turn light into food and so it shriveled to nothing.  His hardened gaze did not leave the piebalds, even as the stallion whispered something to the mare.  He was done discussing anything.

"Karat.  We are leaving.  This is not up for discussion," his voice is steel, something not common for the iron horse.  "I will keep my promise to Brennen to aide any who wish for safety to find it in Tephra.  Carwyn, I would request you consider coming back to Tephra with us.  But, it is your choice ultimately.  I can only promise you will have your freedom and whatever purpose YOU choose there," still his eyes do not leave Ivar even as he speaks to Carwyn...

With that said he turns his front quarter, ears flat against his emerald forelock, pressing his metallic shoulder into Karat.  Slowly releasing his fury on the island, he grants them the return of iron.  The island should not suffer for the wrong doings of others, even as it is plagued by the disease they have created.  And once he has freed his birthplace from the infection that barrens it, he will return to call her home and rid it of the monster that is sure to destroy her...

I picturing he turns into the Hulk here.. Iron Hulk mad. Iron Hulk smash. XD
    Karat

This is MY island

The words leave a bitter taste in her mouth as they come from the stallions lips.  It was not his island and under the care of her mothers rule she had learned this.  The island was its own and we were nothing but inhabitants of it.  She is slightly saddened by the fact that it again would be possessed.

She listens to the rest of what the Kelpie says and is too furied.  But shock finds her face as the world around them warps under her brothers control.  She had not known he was capable of such destruction and it frightened her somewhat.  Not that she feared he would harm her or even Carwyn, but that he was so against something.  He was always so passive, accepting, willing to compromise.  She is taken back by the harsh tone of his voice and demand that they leave. So much so that she doesn't question him further about the situation.

He addresses Carwyn to join them and her eyes look to the blue roan across her brothers back.  They show concern for the winged mare as well as confusion.  How could she give in so willingly to a life that wasn't her own?  

Words do not find her as her twin presses himself into her, directing her to the Tephran shores.  A reason for rejecting his command does not come.  That is until she remembers Kwartz had followed them here. "Krom! We must find Kwartz," she nearly pleads as her silver-lavender eyes settle into the depths of his emerald pools.  "He had taken to the skies last night when we were looking for you..." She thinks for a moment on their combined lack of wings before looking back to the roan. "Carwyn, do you think you could find our brother?  Let him know we are leaving back to Tephra if you find him...?" The mare didn't know her or their family but she was hopeful the roan would understand the love of family and ensuring their safety.

The questions answer is left to linger between the sea breeze that fills the increasing space between them.  The twins move with slight hesitation -eyes searching the azure skies- to the lapping waves to begin the journey back to the volcanic island...

@[Ivar] @[Carwyn] Obviously Carwyn is still invited to leave with them- more discussions to be had later.  But Karat needed to throw in the bit about @[Kwartz] cuz she'd never not want to leave him behind Smile  Ivar can have his plague filled island... For now. Mwahahahaa >:}
    The roan mare is agreeable - as Ivar had known she would be - but the reaction of the iron stallion is worth far more of his attention, and he turns quickly away from @[Carwyn] as she accepts. He hardly hears the caveat, but he would be amused to know that she thinks sharing a bloodline with Brennen would be at all distasteful. If anything there would be an intense satisfaction in knowing that he'd taken one of Brennen's progeny

It is becoming something of a pattern with the kelpie, this luring away of the daughters of those men with whom he's argued.

Even as the sapphire creature turns to @[Kromium], he can feel something awry. It is different than the quaking of the earth or the rising of the seas, but he has no doubt it stems from the iron stallion. That alone is infuriating, but as the first dying fish strands itself on the shore, Ivar vows to himself that someday - however far in the future that might be - that he will see the metal horse dead and rusting on the sea floor.

Kromium commands @[Karat] the same way he had those years ago in the Taiga. He condemns Ivar's possession of the silver mare while ordering her around in the same breath. The metal stallion's emphasis on the choice and freedom of the mares brings an unexpected lightness to the kelpie's mouth, a smirk twisting the edges upward. Had Ivar not given them a choice? Stay or go?

Carwyn had chosen to stay, but Karat is so quick to flee at her brother's insistence. There is an unexpected pang of disappointment at the loss of the lilac haired mare, but whether it is for the pleasing shape of her hindquarters or her willingness to handle the politics (that he clearly has no aptitude for) Ivar does not bother to piece out.

Instead he watches her as she searches the skies for a third sibling. Neither of the twins on the beach appear to have wings, and Ivar wonders how they plan on returning to Tephra. Will they be swimming, he wonders? Perhaps his vow can be fulfilled sooner than he had dared hope.

"Be careful on your way back," He says, and it is clear from the glint in his eyes that he likely means the very opposite. "You never know what's lurking out there in the ocean."

He'd let Karat make it back to Tephra, he thinks as he begins to turn back to Carwyn, who appears far more willing to acquiesce to his demands. He'd let her make it back just to steal her away again, to remind her that what he claims he intends to keep.