• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL OF NERINE
    Exclamation 
    Nerine was home.  

It was that simple, and she'd not abandon the one place in all of Beqanna that she'd found some type of saving grace in or abandon those that had stubbornly remained just as she had.  Even the ones that had vacated the mainland for the supposed sanctuary of the Isle she had felt the unwillingness to give up on their benefit entirely, too driven to search for the means to make the place they had once called home safe again, or as close as possible.  

Luckily, the solution had presented itself rather effortlessly when Brennen had appeared in the early light of dawn, offering to combine the Sisterhood and Brotherhood under one banner to better protect those they cared about.  There was worry for how well the act of merging the two kingdoms might be received, especially with the wizened Amazons she desperately looked up to, but she knew it would be a fool's errand, and a futile effort at best, to appease everyone's wishes.  And Brennen had been correct in pointing out that neither kingdom had been gender biased for some time now, and for the sake of maintaining a safer home for all of Nerine and their closest ally, she honestly believed this was the best decision to be made out of all the other possibilities. 

And she would defend that decision indefinitely until that age-old, reveal-all known as time could prove otherwise.

She had sent out a call as she walked the edge of the shoreline, the dull sound of muffled footfalls seemed to ring in her ears with every step she trod.  The erratic trill of her heart beat set her nerves ablaze, enough to make her foal-bearing body even more-so uncomfortable as she came to a stop near a driftwood log.  With the forced expulsion of a steadying breath, her dark eyes gently surveyed the ones that had gathered nearby, holding her voice patiently until the last settled in.

“Its good to see you all and I hope I’ve found you well enough today.  I’ve summoned you to hopefully ease your mind somewhat during this troubling time in our world.  Not all of us wished to leave Nerine, our home, and some chose to make the trek to Icicle Isle either for themselves or the benefit of Nerine also.  But I had hoped to find a solution to keep this home of ours as safe as possible and as fate would have it, Brennen, King of our sibling kingdom Ischia, approached me.

With some discussion we have decided what we believe to be beneficial in the long term for both of our kingdoms.  We’ve come to the conclusion that for the sake of better protecting our residents, friends and families, the best way to achieve this goal is to unify the Sisterhood and Brotherhood into one combined kingdom here in Nerine.

Brennen has opted to abdicate his throne in favor of becoming the Champion and I will remain as Queen.  With the capabilities of Brennen’s magic he will also stand as a healer to remedy all those who become afflicted by the Plague.  

I will not lie to you and pretend this is a solution to all of our problems or tell you that this plan will progress without a wrinkle in the fabric—is simply too early to tell.  This is not a plan to exterminate the Plague, but to inhibit it and it will not make Nerine immune from its susceptibility, as it would be the case with Tephra for example.  But it is something to give us the opportunity to keep living our lives as we wish, something to give us back some normalcy, something to give us back some hope.  

And allow me the opportunity to reiterate what I have only recently said before;  these days ahead may prove challenging for us all, in one form or another, as time comes to pass, but I would like you all to be aware that I will make and keep myself available to all residents should you need my assistance or help—understand that I will try my best to make these trying times tolerable.

And I implore you to keep interacting with and helping each other, keep creating new bonds with others, do not allow fear to dictate every choice you make to keep you from living freely, and, please, welcome our Brothers, our extended family, as they make their way into our home, and into their new home.

I will be making my way to Icicle Isle shortly to offer the same news I’ve imparted upon you.  I would appreciate it if there was someone that might be willing to accompany me.”

Her voice trails off into silence, allowing the sound of breaking waves behind her to fill the void as she waits solemnly for the reactions of those gathered.

OOC:  basically nerine and ischia are combining into one kingdom in nerine with Breckin as queen and Brennen as the champion. Brennen also has the capability to fully heal any ailing ponies with his magic.  Please respond ICly. This will also count as an activity check for current nerine residents .

Tagging @[Brennen] so you’re aware and can reply if you’d like to add anything. And @[Scorch] because I’m greedy and want scorch words in my life still :|

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The change came quickly - overnight, in fact - and its brutality left no one unscathed. Although the plague loomed ever now as a threat to all who passed in the unsafe lands, this had never been the deterrent for Scorch. No; what lead her lips to tug downward and her for the love in her heart to sour was the impulsive, brazen attitudes of the Nerinian youths. They acted as barbaric as the next ruffian, rendering themselves inextricable from the mass of creatures who squabbled over useless land and who threatened each other with murder. While she could never attempt to make a claim to level-headedness, and while the word 'brazen' had indeed been ascribed to her character since the day of her birth, she still though the present time to be an example of things being taken a step too far.

In the olden days, there would be cohesion. There would be discussion, there would be respect, and there would be obedience to the khaleesi, who in turn would respect that voices of her subjects. Scorch thought back on those days grimly, remembering her own kingdom meetings with a vehement sort of nostalgia. The only kingdom that could perhaps even come close to claiming that same type of reverent activity and obedience was Hyaline - and though she longed strongly for the past, she knew that she could not desert.

Even without the tattoos, even without the red X to mark a traitor, even though her blood oath had been sworn to a kingdom which no longer existed, even though she had no true Sisters left: she could not abandon the Amazons. Or the Leviathans.

Yet.

Each day plucked at her patience; she wondered how long she would go on. For now, the only thread tethering her yet to this land was her daughter Sarkis, a girl whose devotion to their once-home had yet to dwindle in light of her time-locked stage. She hadn't spent decades without the Amazons, as Scorch had... But still, her attitude kept Scorch loyal.

When the call comes, she nodded to herself, automatically adjusting her course to approach the voice of her Queen. Breckin; a gorgeous, level-headed mare whom she had brought in what seemed like centuries ago. Although the reckoning presented a change of a magnitude almost never before seen in Beqannan history, the contagion represented a change too: and Scorch knew that she could trust her recruit to see through the craze, even if her subjects couldn't.

Without the oath of fealty, it is difficult to weed out the fuckers who would see the world burn instead of clinging to an ideology which has kept the Zons afloat since before any present could hope to remember.

She arrived to the edge of the shoreline, spotting Breckin as she stood regally next to a driftwood log. "Sister," came the age-old greeting as Scorch took station next to the queen. She met the other's eyes for the briefest of moments, though she exchanged many thoughts in the glance; the tension over Klaudius' murder had not yet dissipated in the Dosh, and she knew for a fact that further instances of fuckery were afoot in this new Beqanna. Still, she stood by her queen; Breckin deserved her title, and performed her duties excellently. It wasn't her fault that Nerine was full of ruffians.

Her speech went on for some time, though Scorch held no qualm with lengthy words - Breckin imparted significant information with each syllable, not squandering even a breath as she relayed the news of Brennen's bowing and of Ischia's assimilation into Nerine. The revelation did not come as a surprise to Scorch, who had maintained something of a connection with the magician since the birth of their child, Blue, who had not been with her this morning before the meeting. Scorch eyed the crowd, knowing she would find Brennen somewhere within it; and when she did, she thought: I love you. You did the right thing.

Whether he heard it or not, she does not wait to find out, passing her eyes back to the rest of the crowd before taking her turn in addressing it.

"I fully support these decisions, as made by the King and Queen of our nations. Nerine, the Leviathans, represents more than a place to live and a place for ranks to be earned. I have said it before and I will say it again: our strength is in the people, it is in the unity we choose to build between one another. The bonds we form here and the dedication we choose to bestow upon one another is not by chance, nor is it by fate nor by luck." Her eyes, magmatic and all-seeing, met with each of the gathered's gaze.

"Even in the face of the plague, we must present a united front, one which gathers under a single title: the Leviathans. If your loyalties lie elsewhere, then either present your side in such a way that your ideas may be considered by us all, or get out. With the chaos of the contagion spreading, now is not the time to lose yourselves to the hysteria for temporary gratification. Within the group, we must find cohesion - that is our goal."

Here, she paused, a pool of shadow brewing around her hooves. It flicked and writhed but ultimately did nothing of consequence. "As Dosh, I too am available to meet any of your needs or to answer any of your questions. Do not hesitate to find me out."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]
    Ardashir
    The world was falling away under them in some ways. Kingdoms displaced and their residents sent running and seeking shelter where they could. There were of course, those that started to come together and make a strong front. They wanted to help and offered up their homes to wandering souls that were scared. The winter season brought its own troubles of course.

The call came again and had pulled him back home. The white stag answered not out of obligation but, out of respect and a little touch of his own fear. He came as did others to the meeting and offered up his ears for listening to what Breckin his queen had to say. He bowed his head to Scorch as her eyes scanned those gathered. The stallion might have taken even a few more steps forward so he stood nearer the two mares. He did of course not overstep his bounds though Keeping to one side as he listened. First to Breckin his queen, and then to Scorch the Dosh.

He bowed his head once more deeply though this time. He agreed with all said and though there was that slightest of stings from having to give up his rank to another he knew it would be best. Ardashir knew that he would not be cast aside with this coming change. Nerine was home and no rank or title would change that for him. The white stallion was of few words though and only offered to the both of them, “ You are both wise leaders. I support the decisions you have had to make in the face of all this change and fear.” He paused a moment, “ I have no magic to offer in ways of healing but, I can offer a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen if there is need.” He spoke the last part to the crowd gathered and lowered his head in a bow once more.

His next words were for Breckin the Khaleesi, “ I will go with you if you are taking volunteers.”  
    Out under the sky...

[ Wanted to get something up short I know but sick is kicking my tush]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    he laid low the warriors of old
    With the plague, came change.

The chaos had sent them scrambling. Some fled their very own homes for the sake of finding safety for their loved ones and friends. While he has not left Nerine, he could only assume the news from the fairies have sent other kingdoms to find safety in these new lands created, to hold off the plague.

Even those within his home have gone off to find a place of safety too. An Isle towards the west—a frozen paradise. Rome did not leave with the others. He would remain in Nerine. It was where Porcia and his children would be the safest.

He answers the call from the black leopard mare. It was a relief to hear Breckin finally call all of them together. It would direct them towards what they would finally do about the chaos that has erupted across Beqanna. When he arrives to the gathering, he settles himself close to the front to get a good spot, so he could hear their leader clearly.

Change was surely brought with the plague. Rome finds the merging of the two kingdoms the right move, especially during the chaos. Nerine would not entirely be safe from the plague, but hopefully with their new Champion there would be safety to keep the plague at bay from their home.

When Breckin finishes, the Dosh of Nerine speaks next. She also supports the decision of merging kingdoms. He finds himself nodding to several statements she says. They would all need to put aside their worries and unite together to overcome this plague that has taken over Beqanna. Another one speaks up next. Rome smiles and nods with the other supporting the change within their kingdom.

Rome then decides to finally speak up after the other stallion. “I also support the decision of our two kingdoms coming together. It will make us stronger to be united and to overcome the chaos that has been let lose within our homeland.” He pauses for a moment, allowing his words to sink in. “I will also be staying within Nerine with my family. Nerine has been my home and supported me when I needed anything. I give my loyalty fully to Nerine and my strength to where it will ever be needed.”

He then falls silent, allowing others to speak if they wish to do so.
    ROME
    tarnished x lucrezia
    html by venge | character info: here | character reference: here
    Nalia had sensed that something in Beqanna was changing, even though she didn't have the ability to tell what it was. She felt somethig in her bones, a chill in the wind, but continued to hope that things were going to turn out for the best somehow. That all the residents of Nerine, and the other kingdoms, would be safe, because she didn't want to see anybody get hurt.

This day, compared to others, was relatively peaceful. The young filly had taken a break from her regular training out by the ocean to graze in Nerine's main meadow, her wings relaxed and slightly drooping down her belly as her teeth picked at the emerald grass. Then, she heard the loud call for Nerine's residents, and Nalia, a dutiful follower, knew she had to respond, worried that the news Breckin had to share would be troublesome.

Instead of flying, since she wasn't far to begin with, Nalia galloped in the direction of the shoreline, reaching it after a few had already gathered. In addition to Breckin, her friends Scorch and Ardashir were there, as well as Rome, a relatively new face to Nalia since she hadn't yet gotten to know him.

Breckin stood above them all on a small dune, the familiar faces all turned up to look at her. Nalia moved to stand next to Ardashir, comforted by the large stallion's presence, as she anxiously waited for what their leader had to say.

Breckin thanked all those who had come before surprising them all by saying that a solution had arisen to help them through these troubling times. Nalia knew a few had already migrated to a new land called the Isicle Isle, a land to the northeast. Nalia had seen it off in the distance a few times when she flew high enough over Nerine, for some reason a bit troubled at this new discovery. However, Breckin wanted to keep Nerine safe, a desire that Nalia and it seemed others shared too. 

Apparantly, Brennen, Ischia's king and a stallion that Nalia had yet to meet, met with Breckin to discuss the current situation. Brennen had agreed to combine the two kingdoms into one, here in Nerine, which meant that any current residents that had migrated to the Isicle Isle would not have far to go if they decided to return to their friends and family. The Ischian king would take over the position of Champion, and Breckin would remain Queen, something that eased Nalia's mind. She trusted the Queen's opinion and instinct, so knowing that she would retain her position for some time meant that at least things would remain stable.

Brennen also apparently had an ability that would help those who had become infected with the Plague, something Nalia and other residents here had fortunately been spared of. Naturally, this was not a foolproof plan, and there would no doubt be challenges in the future since Nerine wouldn't be immune to the Plague, but having the two combined kingdoms here, the power to support one another and two leaders who knew what they were doing, would provide others the hope they needed to get through this trying time.

Breckin finished what she had to say with informing Nerine's remaining residents that she planned to go to Isicle Isle to inform those who had migrated the same information she'd just told those in front of her. Requesting if any would accompany her, there was a moment of silence once the Queen finished speaking for those here to think over her proposition.

Scorch was the first to offer her opinion, stating that Nerine represented more than just a united front. It was a force of strength that gave many others hope, the cohesion that existed among Nerine's residents, Ischia's residents, and now between the two, others would be able to find sanctuary here.

Ardashir spoke next, offering his two bits before telling Breckin he would willingly accompany her to Isicle Isle. Rome also supported the decision, saying he would always be around to help. When Nalia finally had something concrete to say, the filly spoke up, stepping in front of Ardashir so the Queen could see her.

"Nerine is more than just a sanctuary, a place of hope for others. As Scorch said, it's a united front we must present, to show others we have the strength to survive and care for one another. This place has given me the home I always wanted, and for that I will always be thankful. I will never abandon my home, and will do whatever I can to support it. I will gladly help those who live here, and welcome those looking for refuge from the Plague. I will provide all the assistance I can, and I stand by your decision, and Brennen's. I trust your opinion, and the King's, and as you said, there will be challenges, but I know that withour kingdoms combined, we can get through it.

"I would also be willing to accompany you to Isicle Isle, if you'd like another volunteer."

@[Breckin] @[Scorch] @[Brennen]
    Heartfire is off dying of plague but she's here in spirit :| Breckin knows where to find her, lol

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He can’t be in several places at once.

Doesn’t mean that this here idiot will not try, though.

He’s about just in time (or just not) to pick up from a distance, what Breckin has to say. A fusion then. He smiles a bit to himself, wasn’t it just a matter of time? Long time coming and all that? This is what came of the more romantic relationships between those kingdoms; Brennen had just made the same move as he had, now, only since he was the leader, it was more of a permanent decision. Well, not that he minded. He'd early on decided that his vows still stood, but perhaps with the 'family of blood or choice' on top, and the Brotherhood coming next. Though they were also blood of choice, so honestly there wasn't much difference. Just a chance in landscape really.

His mother was already there, too, not surprising. She seems a bit prickly, more than the usual anyway. He wonders why, but since she doesn’t usually talk to him (something he sometimes wonders about if that is a remnant of her Amazon upbringing, favouring the girls to talk to), he has to assume he’s not the cause of it this time - maybe the prospect of this Plague, and the way people react to it. Fear, and lack of thinking, rules the nations these days.

Of course, Scorch doesn’t want to leave home, and though he himself hadn’t honestly wanted to either, he had still been scouting - and somewhat on accident, laid claim. Impulsive acts were his nature, however, so anyone knowing him could have expected he’d stir something up. Though he hadn’t liked what else he’d found on that island. What surfaced after stirring.

Breckin said she would go to the isle to investigate, Ard tells her he would accompany her and Nalia was just curious, wanting to tag along.

”No need.”
    He steps up next to Ardashir, opposite of Nalia; still slightly dripping out of his mane unto the scaled hide that doesn’t seem to care about water - evidence of the short but hasty swim to meet his Brothers and Sisters. Looking from one to another, he gives them a grim smile before continuing, all humour gone out of him in the last few days. If it hadn't been for Jesper's arrival he wasn't sure what he was becoming; ultimately his friends would keep him grounded, and help him cling to his original self. ”The island might be safe from the plague, but the people I’ve found there so far - those not originating from our own kingdoms - are not. With the exception of only one; she came because she wants a second chance at leading.” A chance he hadn't minded giving her but, she would have needed time to prove herself to Nerine before getting land so easily.

He shakes his head, for good measure perhaps, but also to clear his thoughts and find the words before continuing. ”So that means there’s four claims on that island, one of them is hers and one is mine, because I’d rather have it for Nerine in sharing,” a deep breath instead of a sigh, ”than have neighbours who would violently keep out every sick horse.” Neighbours I doubt we can trust. Because if they weren’t open-minded or good-natured or at all helpful, like the Nerinians, what else were these people capable of? Cowardice came in many forms, but that didn’t mean these horses weren’t dangerous.

He lets that sink in for a moment, seeking their gazes, their opinions. ”So I ask you, what do you want? Because if you want to have the opportunity to go there freely, be that to hide, to visit, to raise our children, or to prevent yourself from spreading sickness... To have it as a subkingdom of Nerine or even just as a free herdland - it’s going to take more than a few heads." A small frown, then a look at Rome and Porcia to make sure his message comes across. "I don’t ask that you move there; Nerine is our home, and I'm glad to know you've been keeping it safe and will continue to do so. But I would like you to consider showing our strength to those who dare think to oppose Nerine, thinking it is weak enough to be challenged in these days. We are not a split-up, spread-out kingdom. We have come together to be a united front. Now is the time to show that united face to the world. But whatever the decision - vote, fight, give up - let it be one we all decide on.”

There, that's it then. If the Nerinians won't stand by him for this claim... if it's just him and Castile and Jesper out there, then even teaming up with Camomila might not be enough. In which case it is better to take the loss and move back here, gather everyone in Nerine and hope they won't get too many smug faces from the icy island. But that's the trouble. Give them a finger, they'll probably take the whole hand, the whole arm even, and challenge Nerine. Show a predator your weakness, and they'll abuse it.

It's not about the island. It's about keeping all his Brothers and Sisters safe.

But if nobody wants him to do that, then who's he to decide on his own?

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    OOC: Eszka is staying in Nerine. <3
    The jungle had been her home, the vines and the mire: the rotting wood and all the sunken edges of ground long littered with leaves. She’d lived there, known it as her birthplace, and as the place where her deepest grief came to fruition: the loss of mother, and soon after- the place where all her reality came to darkness. She knew in her mind that Nerine, the cliffs and ocean- the sea and rocky sand… it was not the jungle; but it was also what she knew now as home. Love and pain, all the trials of rebirth from the end: she knew it, and she tasted the bitterness in her mouth when Leilan barked at her to leave.

Sarkis, would not.

Tall and thick, her body was well developed and without scar: the tawny sort of brown spattered with darker points and an almost creamy coloration latent in the fur. The thick, wavy mane and tail was dark in color and she had distinct brindling on her legs that seemed an expansion of primitive marks. Still, those hazel-green eyes were the most attractive of features and the dark lashes made her stare almost smoky as she sauntered towards the gather: waded and watched as Breckin spoke of the goings on and those who remained… stood tall.

She lifted her voice, not tentative and not hesitant; but with strength and poise- with a warmth that was pervasive through her words. “I will stay in Nerine,” she drew in a sharp breath. “Though I cannot heal nor offer any magical comfort… I will do my best to simply maintain the border and make sure any here are comfortable.” she takes a step forward- sidling nearest Scorch and yet, still keeping to herself.

In a way, she hopes that this will be enough: and Sarkis, oh she smiles- soft and hopeful.
    They made their way to her in their own time, watching beneath the cover of pale lashes barred against the coastal winds as they came and stood amongst their fellow kingdom mates.  The leopard mare meets each of their gazes warmly in unspoken greeting, the caliber of her smile intensifying with each familiar face that appeared.  And after she had finished speaking and settled back to hear of their own opinions—each in their own turn and giving them nothing short of her fullest attention—it amazed her once more, that despite whatever differences they had, that their beliefs fell so beautifully in line with the standards of the Leviathans as a whole.  The swell of pride she feels towards each of Nerine’s people warms her against the promise of winter that chills the air surrounding them.

The leopard mare readies herself to tell them of the pride that emboldens her until a voice that she knows so intimately causes her to remain silent.  With a questioning tilt of her head, she stills her tongue with familiar patience as Leilan enlightens them with the latest news of the Isle.  Her dark stare breaks away from her lover momentarily to move towards her residents, attempting to gauge their reactions as his words fall upon their ears.  When he speaks of claiming the Isle himself, her attention snaps back to him, her expression flickering somewhere between curiosity and surprise.  Though in the end, the dueling thoughts recede in favor of simple appreciation for his wanting to take on the responsibility of a leadership role, and she wonders if it's possible he might learn a thing or two from it just as she had.  For the briefest of moments she's unable to hide the amused smile she shoots towards the scaled stallion.

"Before we address what Leilan has informed us of, I'd like you to know how much I appreciate everyone's dedication to Nerine.  Your willingness to serve and offer your assistance to our own and those that may come in search of help makes me so very thankful to know each of you, and proud to call you my Sisters and Brothers."  She looks to them with a certain fondness and adoration, and her thoughts drift towards Icicle Isle and towards the ones who weren't able to physically be present now.  But she holds them in the same light nonetheless, appreciative all the same for the strides they try to make to benefit their homeland.

"I would also like to thank Ardashir for his acceptance of the Zhilli position."  In the gathering, she finds the large, ghostly stallion easily enough.  "His commitment, strength, and level-headedness will take him far in his new rank.  I have no doubts."

Taking a moment to allow everyone to acknowledge their new General, she lets the smile slowly fade from her lips before gently steering the conversation back towards the more pressing subject.  “I think it would be in Nerine’s best interest to support Leilan’s claim to Icicle Isle as best we can afford to.  Even our healers have their limits, and it would give me some peace of mind to know we have an allied land nearby to turn to immediately if the need arises.”  Heavens forbid it would, but still, it always wise to have a backup plan. “And the thought of having potentially violent neighbors is unappealing.”

Content with having spoken her piece, her eyes turn to meet with each her fellow Leviathans with a brow raised in inquisitiveness.  "What do you think?" Leilan had asked for all of their opinions after all, and she makes no move to prevent them from letting their voices be heard.  

@[Scorch] @[Ardashir] @[Rome] @[Nalia] @[Leilan] @[Sarkis] @[Agnieszka] also tagging @[Heartfire] and @[Brennen] because they might be watching :p sorry for weird wording also or if I left anything major out. was half asleep while writing.