• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He looks over the purple stallion when he introduces himself, relieved to have found Adna and Chaol so easily. It meant that he could go home to Leliana that much easier, then. His relief shows in a brief smile before he turns his head to look down at Adna when she confesses her worries. It hurts to hear such doubts coming from his precious daughter’s lips but he presses his lips to her temple once more as he nuzzles close to her.

I will always come home, Adna. I’ll be with you forever and ever,” he says softly, promising her all the things he’s thought but never said aloud. But then she’s caught up in the excitement of a new sister and it eases his mind a bit to see her smile regain some of its strength while Chaol shares in her joy. He lifts his head to watch the purple stallion speak, though Magnus gains his attention before very long. The serpent’s sage green eyes wander the angles of the king’s face curiously, as he recalls when Kromium wore Tephra’s crown not too long ago. But there will be time for politics and news later, he supposes.

"A pleasure to meet you both, Chaol and Magnus." A part of him would like to bristle at the stern look in Magnus’s eyes but he refrains, reminding himself that he deserves treatment like that and more. But they are together once more, the picture-perfect family that other’s could only dream of attaining. It would take a miracle to rip them all apart again.

Come visit soon, before Adna and Sabbath become too old to visit with us,” he says with a laugh. He doubted that Adna would actually grow into the teenage phase that recoiled from bonding time, but Sabbath already snorted when he fussed with her mane.

He follows Adna’s lead when she commands them, taking the first steps toward their new sanctuary with his eldest child at his side and a new friend to bring along the way.
    @[Chaol] @[magnus] @[adna]