• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

His concern makes her feel guilty for just a moment, thinking of her mother and father. The blue roan filly had been lucky to be born to two parents that loved her, and they probably did notice that she was nowhere to be found. Briseis would just be relieved that she wasn’t dead, but Leilan would most likely be irritated that there were safe lands at her disposal and she had ignored it and remained in Nerine and even wandered off to the river. If fell ill she would likely be drug around to every healer in Beqanna. ”Well, I will be in trouble if my parents  catch me,” there is a laugh that rides the current of her voice, her pretty brown eyes glittering mischievously. ”But Nerine isn’t safe either, so what’s the difference?” 

He speaks of danger in the water, and she cannot hide the look of awe on her youthful face. ”You can go into the water, then? I mean, under it?” Of course anyone can go into the water; she’s been in the river, the lake, and the ocean countless times. But he spoke as though he lived in it. She notices too that he leaves out a particular threat, the one that was certainly more common in Beqanna than a shark — a kelpie. ”My dad was bit by a kelpie,” she volunteers the information eagerly, watching the scaled stallion carefully. She hasn’t entirely put the pieces together, and as a matter of fact, her assumption was actually that he, too, had been bitten by one of the sea-monsters, and so she is entirely unabashed in sharing with him. ”He didn’t used to have scales, but he did after that.”

She doesn’t feel the power that he holds over her. She has always been a girl that was easily infatuated by anything that piqued her curiosity, and he is no different. She does not notice the world around them, not the voices that drift on the breeze or the fact that it is eerily quiet and empty in this part of the river. She sees only his shimmering scales, hears only his voice, and focuses only on his question. It incites a laugh from her mouth, for she is still a child in so many ways, even if she was growing into her svelte curves and her baby-face was slowly evolving into a woman’s. ”Umm, I don’t know...I wasn’t born with any I guess?” She raises a quizzical brow, as she questions teasingly, ”Why, do you know where I can get some?”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis - by Chryseis - 11-13-2018, 05:49 PM