• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blackbird singin in the dead of night
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

All is well within Tephra, at least from afar one may think so. The kingdom stretches themselves thin to protect and grow their haven: Magnus and Aysel doing everything within their power to keep Tephra a strong suit, Jude observing, each member onto their own synchronized mechanism.

In truth, the days had been uneventful for a mare isolated by pregnancy.

It is on one of those uneventful days that Jude chews monotonously on Tephra’s salty grass. The sun glints too brightly, mixing heat with more heat, but a constant and welcome breeze blows in powerful gusts. In the distance, down the slope of a rolling hill, plays Myrkari. She seems to be wandering further with each second, though Jude does not worry for the child has an adaptable mind of her own (in time, Jude will learn to fully mother).

Trees are scattered about, offering limited shade: Jude waddles in the general direction of one, wondering when in the hell she will be able to not waddle.

Perhaps it was the constant irritation, or maybe it was too long in the sun, or it was merely time for the baby to come - the pegasus gasps, shuddering beneath the encompassing pain of labor. The young tree offering shade just before now leans under Jude’s weight. Tiny, panicked huffs enter the air the fade as quickly as the came.

Alone - she is doing this alone and she has no idea how.

Time passes, Jude measures her labor in contractions: one, then two, then three-four-five, and so on as they come faster and faster. She is alone, and yet she has no time to think of that now (she can do this on her own, she knows this).

Finally, an uncomplicated labor following a wholly uncomplicated pregnancy, comes the babe. Jude does not move initially, eyes closed from utter exhaustion, but soon finds the strength to get to her feet. On the ground is her daughter: so frail and beautiful. Jude drops her head, guided by the hands of so many before her, and cleans her child.

“Cosmos,” she whispers again and again, in awe with herself and the brand new life before her. Cosmos lurches up, aided by Jude’s gentle muzzle. The sweetest and softest sounds rise from the little one’s throat. A few moments of stumbling brings her to the food she was crying for.

It is only then that she thinks of Magnus. The pale mare sighs and closes her eyes. For once, she is content to let him come to her - no talk of kingdom-life is appropriate for today.

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[magnus] @[Myrkari] tagging lil babe just in case!

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He watches from afar. Has been watching from when he first realized that she was with child. He kept a close eye on her, giving her space and privacy, but doing his best to look after her, to ensure that she was comfortable and safe. So he is not far when she goes into labor, is not fair when she finally gets to the ground and enters into the rhythms so ancient to bring new life into the world. Magnus doesn’t intrude, doesn’t think to take that from her, but he is grateful to hear such steady breathing. His nerves are on edge, the fear of what lurks just outside of Tephra’s borders a constant reminder, but he trusts in her—enough to give her this moment to bring her daughter into the world without him hovering over her.

Still, he is on edge, a muscle jumping in his jaw as he looks out around the kingdom, waiting for a moment when it would be calm enough for him to make his way toward the duo. When it finally grows quiet, and he thinks he can hear the barest sound of a suckling child, he gives into his desire to be with the family, and he walks through the thick vegetation to the haven where she has found a sanctuary.

“Jude,” her name is thick with emotion as she makes his way toward her. He stands by her side, giving her his shoulder to rest on. Reaching over, he presses inky lips to the curve of her strong jaw, his gold-flecked eyes dark with emotion. He glances down to the child filling her belly, the tiny features, the palest of pink staining her impossibly fragile limbs. “She’s beautiful,” he breathes, unable to keep the affection from his voice. He loved children—had always loved them—and his heart swelled at the sight.

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[peregrine jude]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    to capture a predator, you can't remain the prey

Birth is a strange memory for the child, and stranger yet when recognizes the swollen state of her adopter: of Jude, of mother. She furrows her young brows and ponders a distance away- staring at her talons as she recalls the way they’d sliced and ripped: ruined the flesh of her creator. Worry, admittedly, strikes her and she silently hopes that this affair will be less sorrowful.

Still, she is away when it happens- scratching trees with the lethals talons and clamoring a top into the branches as she both utilizes claw and teeth to go higher and higher. Perched and slow to move she balanced with exacting precision and Myrkari notes the way the tawny colored male prances and patrols- how he seems to wait, and watch; but she does not fret immediately and rather she slinks along the canopy with a bizarrely avian quality.

In her throat she feels a sharpness of air as she mimics whistles and pitches of the birds: almost perfectly, in-fact, but so much so that the eerie replication is different. Above the both of them she scampers slowly and minimizes the rattling of branches and leaves- waits until she weave herself into the shadowy areas where the leaves blanket the light. 

Myrkari climbs down with a pace her own, promptly leaping downward towards the earth in a sheer plummet before extending her feet and grasping a branch to catch herself. It creaks and there is a heavy sound of falling; but not hitting the earth, and without hesitation she stares at both Jude and Magus as she hangs upside down: stares at the newborn with wide eyes.

Her fur is red, a soft and creamy tone that seems to be almost blonde in the light; but she darkened by primitive markings on her legs. The fluffy mane and tail are both dark, a brownish red that seems almost black in areas, and though she is earthy: her eyes are an eerily pale, almost white-blue. Blinking and startling in her appearance Myrkari remains balanced, opening her small mouth and speaking up with a curiously growing vocabulary.

“Not dead.” she pauses. “Yeah, not dead. Ooh. Hi- big!” and at that she extends a leg: allowing her claws to grasp at the air as she reaches out to tap a singular talon on Magnus’s cheek. 

you have to become equal in every way

Myrkari

@[peregrine jude] @[magnus]  weirdo coming in
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

New life stumbles and catches before her very eyes: the knobby knees as they shake, the bony skull as it bumps to thick flesh, the tiny mouth as it learns of its need to be alive. Once autonomous, Jude realizes that the catch in her throat is the little piece of herself that she refuses to release: her sovereignty. If she truly cares for, protects, and raises this child, she is responsible for one other than herself.

(Deep down she knows of the darkest truth: this, she cannot control - what will she be if she fails?)

Eyes closed, riding the sweet and tired hum of a new mother, she wishes she could enjoy the moment in all of its sincerity. She is sitting in her wistfulness when she hears Magnus’ approach (knowing it is him by the smell - and the faint inkling that he would never allow such an important event go unprotected). As her eyes flutter open, Magnus draws close. Her name falls on deaf ears as she leans her weight into his welcoming side. The kisses to her jaw are welcome, and for a moment, she allows herself vulnerability. Magnus speaks as she lays her head to his neck, allowing what just happened to completely resonate before responding.

“She’s perfect. I only wish I knew what I was I doing,” the mildest of irritation laces presumptuously into her words. It is true: she has no idea how to be a mother; she’s still uncertain if she even wants this child, and now she has not one, but two. At her core, she does not want to lash out at Magnus - perhaps he’ll understand her youth.

Just edging on the age of four, she is dipping a toe into wisdom, but still has so much growth to do.

A draping Myrkari interrupts Jude’s passing thoughts: her pale eyes curious and her voice high as she reaches to touch Magnus’ flat cheek with a single talon. The avian babe’s interruption brings Cosmos from Jude’s teat, legs spindly and fragile as they stumble toward a spot below the other child. Instead of stopping her children, she watches with amusement the chaos that is sure to ensue.

Cosmos chirps back the last word of Myrkari’s ramblings: “Big! Big big! Big!” The white and pink babe lurches up and falls head first into Magnus’ front legs. Once the newborn settles down, Jude peers back at her little bird, affection expanding in her chest at the peculiar sight.

“Magnus, this is Myrkari. I found her .  .  .” at this, the pegasus trails off, realizing she had left Tephra while pregnant without telling another soul. “Uh, yeah, I found her wandering covered blood so - I took her in.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[magnus] @[Myrkari] sorry if this is riddled with typos, i was sleepy while writing

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Each of these moments, time spent with the women of Tephra and his growing brood, is special to him and he holds it close to himself. Magnus has never been one to father endless children. Never one to let the pull of nature overtake him each season, resulting in a forever growing legacy. The fact that he has several of his children running around this season is a new sensation for him and a telling look inside the soul of his that churns with loneliness, that taunts him with memories of love every night.

But he is not taunted now.

Now, he is blissful, looking at the baby running around them and crashing into his legs. He tilts his head toward Jude, his smile growing a little wider at the hint of irritation in her voice. He assumes that it is just fear of parenthood masked, although he doesn’t dare point out such a thing. But he doesn’t react to the sharpness in her words. Instead he smiles down at where she curls into his side, brushing his lips over her forehead. “You’re doing beautifully,” he breathes. “And I’m here, to help, whenever you need me.”

Magnus has never been the kind to assume that the responsibility of raising the children was to be born alone by the mother, although he did his best to give them primary say in the decisions. Still, he knew that she was young and he wanted to be there to help. However, his attention is caught short by the sudden appearance of the avian-like horse, chirping and tapping a dangerous foot by his face.

Although there is a part of his brain that tells him to run from such threats, he remains still, looking up at her with a warm, crooked smile. “Hello there,” he greets, gold-flecked eyes sparking with humor. One ear swivels to Jude as she explains the filly, and he never thinks to be upset with her wandering off. Tephra was a home and not a prison. He would never try to keep her locked up here under his watchful eye.

“Myrkari,” he repeats the name, holding onto the filly’s upside down gaze.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. Welcome home.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[peregrine jude] @[Myrkari]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    to capture a predator, you can't remain the prey

His head turns and she pulls back her talon: the leather feet and claws bending and clattering as, with absolute curiosity, she stares at the right-side up stallion and his red flecked eyes. Though she lacks the propers words, there is a clicking of her tongue and another tentative reach as the flimsy talons are brought to scratch the edge of his nose before her attention flits to the younger child: and almost promptly she allows her front legs to slowly release and body to twist in the air as Myrkari clamors down and lands with a gentle thump.

Reedy and strange she taps her talons on the ground before slowly loping and circling the smaller child- studying and waiting: bouncing once or twice before screeching loudly and excitedly. Lacking restraint for her abilities she charges forward and rather than impacting with Cosmos… knocking them both to the ground, her figure becomes almost strangely opaque and ripples: the corporeal form no longer that as she phases through the other child and even through Jude.

Yet more troubling is the way in which she allows herself to drop through the earth, plunging into the soil and emerging several feet away before trotting back over and sauntering through Magnus is much the same fashion. With ears flicking she clicks her tongue and teeth: speaks slowly and stretches as she listens to the world around her. “Home… hooome.”

With that she turns, looking at Cosmos’ hooves and cautiously reaching out to tap them: closing her toes into an attempt to mimic the shape before ceasing: still annoyed by some mystery.

you have to become equal in every way

Myrkari

@[peregrine jude] @[magnus]
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.