• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; kharon
    Kirby nestled a little closer to his boy in turn and he sighed, a soft little exhale as that warmth wrapped around him, comforting and supportive. He drew iron up from the earth as they walked, stretched it out into a wing of his own, thin and as light as he could make it, and draped it over Kharon in turn.

“You’re right,” he said softly, nodding. “This is the easy part. We’re here, we’re safe, and none of us are missing anymore. All back together, and we can figure it out.” Rebuild what was broken, maybe into something new but it wasn’t like it was lost. Not entirely, not really.

Just so very different.

He grinned as Kharon kissed his skin, breathing out and leaving fog behind on his shiny surface just like he’d done when he was little. Huffed out a breath of laughter and rubbed his face against Kharon’s neck. Such a good son, growing up into such a good man. Kirby couldn’t be prouder if he tried.

“Yeah. It’s a nice island, pretty, new place to see. Not so different from exploring one of Ischia’s smaller islands, right? Still lots of water, and the weather’s gorgeous. It’s just a really nice vacation spot, and we’ll be home before we know it.” He hoped. “Maybe make some new friends in the meantime, get to know the neighbors.”

After all, Kali didn’t have anywhere to run off and visit now with Taiga being a hellscape and Ruan--oh. Shit. He should find out what happened. Ugh. One crisis at a time. For now he’d have to hope his friend was well, ‘cause he sure as shit wasn’t putting his kids at risk going off hunting for him ‘til this damn plague blew over.

Anyhow.

“I’m really proud of you for the way you’ve stepped up to help take care of our family, son. Just don’t forget to take care of yourself too, okay? This island’s one of just a few safe places, so it might get kinda crowded. Probably gonna be important to find places where you can withdraw and recharge, you know?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; kharon - by Kerberos - 11-09-2018, 03:39 PM