• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey
    Kirby tilted his head and frowned a little, just a slight furrowing of his brow as he glanced Lacey’s way. He’d missed her while they were apart, even if it was only a week. Missed her sass and her fire and the way she pushed him away and told him to fuck off and die with a look that he damn well knew hid how he made her melt into a puddle of need. He’d made no claims to be like, a decent person or anything, but he’d thought they were on pretty good terms all things considered.

Something about the go fuck yourself in her eyes felt a little more real this time though.

He fell silent, walking alongside her without sidling up closer and trailing his lips along her skin or brushing his shoulder against hers again, just...just walking. Huh. Was...was it not just a game they played? He studied her out of the corner of his eye, silver gaze unusually solemn, feeling like maybe he was seeing her for the first time. He’d thought he’d fixed things between them, but maybe seducing her again and reminding her of one reason not to hate him hadn’t been enough?

Huh.

“Yeah, okay,” he said softly, nodding agreement even though he didn’t believe for a second that she really was fine. He sure as hell wasn’t. “Alright. How was your trip?” Maybe he could ask about something a little less loaded, a little less emotional. So she didn’t wanna talk to him about how shitty she was feeling right now over everything that had changed, he could deal with that. Change the subject to something a little more innocuous, instead. “You three have fun?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Kerberos - 11-08-2018, 01:56 AM