• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey
    Kirby wasn’t oblivious to her exasperation with him. A little confounded, but for once not oblivious. Huh. He’d honestly thought they were good, and she was just...you know, prickly by nature. Spiky and spiny and delightfully sharp. This didn’t feel like banter though, didn’t feel like flirting overlayed with thorns. Well. Shit.

“I’m glad the boys loved it,” he replied, sneaking a glance her way, trying to read her face, see deeper than the surface layer he tended to settle for. It was easy to settle for the surface when you kept most of who you were there anyhow. You wanna know Kerb? He’s right there, just ask, he’ll lay it out for you. Wanna know what he’s thinking? Nine times out of ten he’ll lay it out for you. He was never accused of being especially deep or...you know, thinky. Clever enough, but he was a pretty simple man. Hell, even this level of introspection was a lot for him. So it didn’t really occur to him all that fast that some people were a whole lot less straightforward.

His Lacey, though. She was somethin’ else, huh?

“What about you, though?” he asked again, ignoring the question of how he was doing and prodding a little deeper. Curious, meeting those gorgeous angel eyes of hers with silver ones that were actually looking for maybe the first time. “Did you have a good time? C’mon, tell me one moment that really stands out.” A tentative, hopeful smile lit his eyes, started at one corner of his lips as he raised his brows in encouragement. C’mon, baby, talk to me.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Kerberos - 11-11-2018, 10:54 AM