• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey

Lacey

"What about you, though?" He sounded so gentle, so genuine.

She frowned and looked over at him, and she shouldn't have done that. He still took her breath away in this way that cuts so damn deeply. She hated it. She hated him. She couldn't stand the way he looked at her, like he could just sink into her eyes and caress her stupid heart. God, don't be real to her. Don't be real unless it's real.

She looked away quickly, desperately shoving her heart from her eyes. The last thing she needed was pity. Or him to freak out and run off because oh god she's still stupid, better run because that was better than reminding her the loudest thing in her life. That he'd never really want her.

She hated how weak she was. How completely stupid she was.
    She'll get over it. She will. Another few years oughta do it.

"Did you have a good time? C'mon, tell me one moment that really stands out." She sighed. She'll give him what he wants. Doesn't she always?

"He sang to me," she said flatly. "Badden stayed with some family friends and he sang to me. Drunk and foolish and beautiful." Reilly was gorgeous, and perfect, and his stubbornness was just as relentless as hers was. She probably needed that. Who else would she have if he finally gave up on her stupid self? He was tough enough to stand his ground when she snipped to much. She imagined had she the heart and energy to push him too far he would be the type to make her regret it in the best ways.

So she made sure not to.
    She remained empty and dry and hollow. And quiet. Deadened dark eyes.

"Now do you answer the question? Or must I continue?" What was a little more heartache at this point anyway.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Wallace - 11-11-2018, 12:14 PM