• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey
    Oh whoa. Okay. His eyes widened a little as something a little disconcerting happened in his chest when she looked at him so intently, like...weird. He frowned, puzzled by the like weird flare of something...different? Maybe he was sick or gassy or something, probably nbd. Ate something that disagreed with him and that was why it felt a little bit like a spark or--look, nevermind, no big deal probably. Just caught off guard by that look in her eyes, one he didn’t really know, had never seen before. Sharp and intense and not like, fuck me lusting but something else he didn’t know.

Huh.

Anyhow. He brushed off the probably heartburn or whatever and coaxed her answer out of her with a gentle smile and a curious lift of his brow. But her answer made him frown a little too, another weird new thing happening in his insides. This one a little more raw and tight, like tension in his belly and a flare in his chest--man, maybe he really did eat something off, his body was doing weird shit. Better skip the grass and just absorb some iron out of the ground for a couple of days, clear his system.

“See?” he asked, pushing the weird sensations out of his mind and focusing entirely on her. “Was that so bad?” A tiny, sassy little grin ‘cause he knew it kinda had been, but she did it anyhow and wasn’t that sweet of her? Ugh, but she asked about him again, not at all put off by his persistence in coaxing answers out of her. Damn. Well, she’d given him honesty, least he could do was the same.

“I mean, I’m happy to hear more, always. Wanna know what’s going on with you, how you are. Seems like there’s a lot more going on in that gorgeous head of yours than meets the eye, you know? But okay, I’ll answer, if you want.” He shrugged a little, just a brief lifting of a shoulder.

“Honestly? I’ve been a hell of a lot better, babe. Super worried about Kal, she was just starting to talk again after Taiga shit and then the whole world fell apart again and not a damn word since. Kharon’s got way too damn much to deal with too, trying to be a rock for Kali, trying to figure out how he relates to Kylin now that she’s...I mean, our age? Older? That’s gotta be rough.

“Really fucking glad you and Reilly and Bads are safe and didn’t get anywhere near as left-behind as Kylin, though I mean if it’d meant Ky didn’t have to spend all that time alone--so I mean, feeling selfish as fuck that I’m glad you three got caught up in time wonkiness too. But I think it mighta broken Kali more than she could come back from if it’d been all of you. Tryin’ to find out who me an’ Ky are to each other now that she’s all grown up and probably doesn’t need a dad who’s younger than she is, but maybe needs a friend who loves her unconditionally, I can do that at least.

“I dunno, baby, I’m like just wanting to push through this and make everything okay and there’s really no way to do that. No way to make up for leaving her, even if it was an accident. No way to make things better for anyone I care about, and that sucks pretty hard. What about you? You wanna tell me anything other than you’re fine?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Kerberos - 11-21-2018, 12:10 AM