• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey

this time I’m torn, please wake me if I lose that face
    search in these eyes: there’s still fire in the darkness

"See? Was that so bad?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. His cocky smirk was unwelcome, the gorgeous bastard. He was happy to hear more, he told her, promising that he always wanted to know what was going on with her, how she was, and she rolled her eyes. Then blushed as she threw that same word out at her: gorgeous. She was not that, and he knew it. And she didn't care for him pretending to care for her either.

He would know what had been wrong this whole time, all these years, if he gave a damn.

She sighed and turned her face as he threw another word at her. Babe. Everything was so damn meaningless, wasn't it? It would never make her heart race as it once did, foolish enough to think it was real. It had never been real. It never would be. Not with him. It was real when Reilly said it, and somehow it made her feel guilty to let him. He deserved so much better than her.

Her little nod was her acknowledgement that she was listening. He was worried about the family.  Kylin and Kali everyone else. Then another one. Baby.

"What about you? You wanna tell me anything other than you're fine?"

She sighed again, a deep breath and a shake of her head. "No." There was nothing to tell. Here they were, all safe and sound. It wasn't home but it was close enough for now. There was no use in dwelling on all the should have's and could have's and wished they would have's. All they could do now was move on - everyone but her of course. She couldn't seem to get that one down.

Years.
    She was such an idiot.
    He didn't even deserve it, not even a little, and yet he had it.

With a slow blink and a drowning ache in her breast, she angled another direction and murmured, "I think I'll rest now."

Wallace

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Wallace - 11-28-2018, 08:43 PM