• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey

this time I’m torn, please wake me if I lose that face
    search in these eyes: there’s still fire in the darkness

She was honestly too exhausted to care. She kept walking whether he followed or not.

He started talking more hesitantly, something so unlike him, and she frowned, throwing a glance his way. Talk to him? What, like friends? No. They weren't that. She couldn't be that. And his Lacey? No, not that either. Because he was not hers and never would be.

"I could come with you. Curl up somewhere cozy and hold you. You don't have to be alone, if... if you don't wanna be."

She stopped and rounded on him, brown eyes flashing with a flicker of bitterness. "What do you want, Kir!? What do you want from me? I AM alone. Nobody could ever want me after you. So what-- Why are you following me. Why do you pretend to care? Just don't. Just go about your way and DON'T."

She immediately hated everything she said, wanted to take it all back and have left in stoic silence instead. She can only handle so much hurt though, and he was deeply confusing and driving her mad, pushing her to irrational reactions and she just needed to get away. So she kept walking, her tail flicking sharply behind her.

She would find Kali and hold her again.
    Curl up with her baby where the love was real.

Wallace

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; lacey - by Wallace - 12-01-2018, 09:54 PM