• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    It hadn’t taken her long to realize that he wasn’t right behind her. She can’t even really blame him for not following along. She had tried to inject some levity into something that was otherwise rather serious. But she knew that he had other things on his mind and wasn’t particularly upset when she realized he was not thinking so much about her as he was his family.

She didn’t blame him in the slightest

So when she didn’t hear the splashing of his hooves on the water she had banked, swooping up farther. She sees him waiting and so she hovers, making sure that he was okay, making sure he didn’t need her. At that she laughs, the sound swallowed whole by the wind that whipped around her, causing her to move forwards a bit. She hovers and she waits until she seems them step from the jungle. Ah, that makes sense.

She hovers a bit longer, watching Kerb’s body shift and blend until it’s something that they can ride on and then he starts across the water with them. She would have laughed had she the energy, instead she just felt extremely tired.

She tucks her wings, diving and swooping back towards the island. She watches over them until they touch the sandy shores of the new island and then watches a moment longer as they drift off in conversation. She lands after them, watching until they disappeared over the dunes and found herself drifting towards the paint chipped orca. She watches it, looks at it, follows the lines of the way it was drawn with her eyes.

She honestly, doesn’t know how long she stood there, not far from the original spot that he had first stepped on the shore when she hears the approach of another through the sand. She doesn’t turn to look until his voice breaks the quiet around her and she turns to him with a small smile. “Actually, you still won. Touched the sand first.” A small shrug, another small smile before her eyes turn back up to the painted picture. “It has been. Seems like every time I find myself back here the world falls apart.” A crooked smile.

Finally, she turns those golden eyes back onto his face. She traces the lines of his face with her eyes because it’s all she can do. Her smile mirrors his own, soft and welcoming. “I have missed you.” But other than that nothing more than a small shrug. “I’m fine. How have you been? How’s Kali? I miss her too.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Roma - 11-06-2018, 07:36 PM