• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    Kirby snorted softly. “Maybe you’re just lucky. You know, good timing and all. Or maybe the world falls apart a hell of a lot more often than it should.” Wasn’t it always, in some respects? It fell apart and they built it back up into something new. Just this last time they’d sorta fast forwarded through all the time they should’ve had to rebuild in between was all.

He glanced over at her, head tilted a little. “How long has it been, for you I mean? Kal and Kharon and I got ourselves caught up in a bit of a time jump, it seems. Lace and Reilly and Baddie too, just...a different one?” He shrugged. “Been a week since Taiga went to hell. Kali was there, right on the edge of things. Went to go visit her uncle and got caught in the crossfire. Kharon and I took her up the Mountain to try and give her a safe place to recover.”

He snorted, glancing toward the mainland and the Mountain in question, a landmark he could feel in his blood even if he couldn’t see it at the moment. “Six years went by. We left Kylin alone for a week, and she’s all fuckin’ grown up now, older than me and Lacey, way older than her twin brother or her baby sister. She’s got babies, too, two of ‘em. Just as old or older than her twin. I left my girl for a week, and she lived a whole life in the time I was gone, and I don’t know how to make it any better for her. Or for any of us.

“Kal’s a wreck, she went mute again. Hasn’t talked since we found out about Kylin and her kids, and then the fuckin’ plague hit on top of that. She’s basically just silent and clinging to whoever’s fussing over her at the time.” Seemed less fitful and restless with Kharon around, at least. Good thing Kharon didn’t seem to mind. He sighed and shook his head a little. “What about you? Fill me in.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 11-08-2018, 02:39 AM