• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma
    Kirby grunted and nodded at her Ty comment. “Yeah, sometimes I think that kid’s been hell bent on wandering since the day he came out. Too big a story in him to settle and get stuck in a normal life.” A happy life. Could’ve been good, him and Ty. “Still miss that stupid bastard.” He was never very good at staying, though, was Ty.

“Kinda fucked up that time can do that, pass at such different rates for different people. Like you walk away for a month who knows how long it’s been.” He wondered if the same had happened to Ty. Maybe they were on the long road, and it had been days for him.

Or maybe it had been centuries.

“Might be. Mostly she just curls up quietly and cries and clings to whichever of us is watching her at the time. Fucking sucks how much she’s hurting, and I wish there were something I could do to fix it all. Just make it better, you know? I don’t know how to help her, how to make her feel safe when so much has happened. Maybe seeing a familiar face would help. I can go get her if you want me to.” If she was willing, anyhow.

“Kylin is...well that’s the thing, isn’t it? She doesn’t just think she was left alone. She was. I left her alone. We all left her alone. The fact that it was much shorter for all of us doesn’t change the effect. She was alone. For six years. Her whole family left her, and she grew up alone. Had babies with no one to turn to to help her figure shit out. No one to hold her when she was overwhelmed and just needed to cry it out for a minute. No one to take the kids for a day and give her a break. Our intentions don’t matter a whole lot in the face of that.” His poor baby girl, it broke his damn heart.

“And now that we’re back, and none of us are older, she’s even more alone. She’s older than I am, Rom. Let alone her twin, she’s old enough to be his mom. His damn grandma, almost. That’s...that’s a lot to deal with, you know? And I’ve got no idea how she’s doing, ‘cause why would she trust me enough to talk to me about it? I’m the one who left her, and took her brother and sister with me.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Kerberos - 11-11-2018, 11:30 AM