• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    everybody praying for the end of time. [claim]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Life, especially for those that live forever, was never meant to be overly serious. And that’s how he lived, how he copes; not take everything too seriously. Because it will hurt if you do.

Hurt, however is exactly his state of mind, and it’s been like that for longer than this plague. Perhaps that’s why he lashed out a little at the prospect of a third claimer, who had this air about her that he didn’t quite like. And when she threatened to throw out all the sick horses, that meant his family (Heartfire, her husband, her adoptive daughter and the unborn child she carried), and -gods forbid it happened- if Breckin got sick then she would not be allowed to come here to give birth to their child and prevent the sickness to spread in the newborn.

Of course that got him upset.

Everybody needed a safe place to go to, and this one was the closest to Nerine - for most Nerinians the only place they could reasonably turn to. Those who would refuse them, or even just one of them, met with his teeth, end of story. He had a whole kingdom to back him up. Yet, four horses decided that this must be the island to wreck havoc on. The one closest to Nerine. The one closest to the kingdom that, with the combined forces of Krakens and Leviathans, would fight them. This meant war.

He doesn’t want a war, but it starts to look like they do.

He’s not the type to back out now. Not when his friends and family’s safety are compromised.
    He’s a stubborn idiot after all - better live up to that name.

So when the lemmings find him, with their message of a fourth claimer, he rolls his eyes. But takes a deep breath, following the path anyway. Perhaps this one can be reasoned with like Camomila. He would have been happy with co-ruling (in fact, might have left her to it if she proved to be worth it, some time).

But more than two - it is too many, especially if one of them wants to kick out some of their supposed-subjects.

He’s silent when he arrives, because Phasus asks the question already. Perhaps Camomila has a more peaceful solution than he (or Heartfire). He’s willing to die over and over again to keep this claim standing, until he gets voted out by his own, but he wants to know what Number Four is like. A deal is better than war, but if it’s war they want then they will get it. Nerine needs this place as an extension of their kingdom or aa a free-for-all, leaderless herdland, to keep their loved ones safe. It’s really that simple. Nerine can’t very well ask anyone, magician or healer, to constantly heal their subjects after all.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Camomila]

OOC note.
    I had put up a lot of explanation here (you can message me if you still want to read it) but I’m just gonna leave it as this proposal; I was hoping we could just do an IC voting instead of continue ‘bickering’ IC? Because that’s going to be repetitive I think?
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everybody praying for the end of time. [claim] - by Leilan - 11-07-2018, 04:38 AM