• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we ain't never getting older. [magnus]

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He hadn’t been able to shake the memory of her and that strange fever dream night in the Field. He can’t forget the cry that had split the sky in half, the strange dual-colored stallion and his warning before slipping into the night, or the girl nearly wild with emotions he couldn’t name. It had not been easy to leave here there, to back off and give her the space she so obviously needed to breathe, to gain her ground, and it has not been easy to not think of her. He has caught himself sometimes lifting his head and looking to the horizon, a faint frown furrowing his brow, deepening the gold in his contemplative eyes.

So, at first, he doesn’t trust his own vision when she cuts across the land.

Recent days have been tough, after all, and his sleep has been even more rare than usual.

Still, she warms his gaze and the corner of his scarred lips curve upward as he notices her cutting her own path through the land. At her admonishment, his crooked grin grows, something mischievous sparking in his gaze. “Oh, did I fail to mention the sulphur and the ash?” He glances upward, exaggerating a frown as he pretends to think on it more. “Must have slipped my mind.” There is almost the hint of something boyish and charming in his face as he finds her gaze once more but it slips away quickly.

“I’m glad you made it here, Salomea.” He watches her for a second, studying her features, looking for some sign of her well-being. Whether that means looking for hints of the disease ravaging the rest of the land or how she fares with internal family affairs, he isn’t sure. Still, he eventually drops his gaze, giving her the privacy of space and turning his head toward the rest of the land that curls around them.

“Would you like a tour of this ash-ridden place?”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we ain't never getting older. [magnus] - by magnus - 11-09-2018, 01:26 AM