• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And the momerathes outgrabe [any]

The world outside of mother was awash in colors of all sorts. Vivid palletes adorned every inch of the Jungle, and the baby bay roan bent to smell a blooming yellow flower. Her nose tickled, and twitched as she inhaled, letting out a startledachoo. She raised her maw, blinking, as she collected herself and peered at the bloom. What a funny thing , she thought, tilting her head to the side in her confusion. There were so many things to learn here, flowers, animals. She wondered what this one was called, but she would have to wait to ask mother later. She had been asked to wait here, to not stray too far, and to the best of her ability Sarkis had obeyed.

But how far is far? she wondered, looking longingly past the grasses and vines that were waiting to be explored. Instead she had had to entertain herself with whatever she could find nearby, one such thing being the passing butterflies. Each was different, delicate hues painted on their delicate wings, one reminded her of mother. A bright little fellow, adorned with hues of orange, red, and gold. The color of fire, or that was what mom had said when Sarkis had asked. Mom was covered in the colors of fire, her entire pelt one seemless burning flame. Before the changes had occurred anyways,now mother was pink. A hairless creature, gone were her sharp teeth and claws, but Sarkis loved her the same.Mother is beautiful, she thought, for the first time looking down at her roan legs.

She wasn't painted like fire, or water. She didn't even have a tattoo like some of the other mares had, once upon a time. Sarkis was plain, aside from a star and a sock that is, which in her mind was very plain indeed. She wobbled her way through the grasses, making sure to not wander too far past that yellow flower. As she went, she looked for something that could perhaps make her pretty like mother. Maybe even something that might look like a tattoo, then she too could make one for the others. They will like that, she thought. Her search might have gone better if she had not been so distracted, the child's  attention span not being very long just yet. She watched a bird for a while, from her position on the ground. A very funny looking black bird, it's beak long and curved, as well as several different colors. The ends of the beak itself were a bright reddish orange, while it also had hues of yellow,and green.

Sarkis was so busy watching the bird, that she did not notice the creature edging up to her. It approached her slowly, as if it were the curious one, walking on only its hind legs. It was covered in brown fur and it's face was quite flat, a long tail grew from it's hind and ended in a curl. It was even so brave as to touch her, Sarkis too memorized by now to stop it as it gently felt her ears and face. She hadnt even spooked, but she had yet to learn much about being cautious of the neighbors. It's mouth taking the shape of an 'o', chittering as it tugged it's fingers through her mane.

html by Call
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    None of them had tattoos anymore. Rhy felt naked without the red blossom on her chest, the vine wrapped around her leg. She found herself avoiding looking down, because it was easier to simply think the tattoo was still there. It’s funny really. When she had the tattoo, she never thought much of it. It just felt like her, as much as her otherwise gold and white coat feels like her. But now, she’s entirely too aware of it being gone. She can’t even imagine what Scorch feels like, because she is truly naked without the tattoo. Fire no longer covers their Khaleesi’s skin. Instead, Scorch is pink and scarred and her skin looks like it still might hurt, even after all these years.

Lagertha’s immortality was ripped from her as well. Her friend was old now, her life cut infinitely shorter. Rhy wondered if all those years would catch up with the General, or if she’d just start aging like normal from here. But either way, she can’t imagine what Lagertha feels without that gift.

Rhy can’t bring herself to complain about the loss of her tattoo. She had not kingdom granted traits that were ripped from her. She may feel naked, but she’s still very much herself. She’s still electric, still a lioness, and still a ghost. Lately, Rhy has taken to searching out the jaguar spirit of the Amazons. In her lionness form, the mare has found that the two of them can play. The jaguar is still just a cub, and it seems happy to have something to do (despite the fact that it’s actually a deity in spirit, it does behave much like real animals do).

Rhy is engaged is a tussle with the jaguar some distance away when the cub stops. Rhy takes this cue and stops as well, her companion nodding in the direction of a girl. Rhy understands, and by the time she’s shifted back to a horse, the jaguar is gone. Despite being a child, so to speak, the spirit is so completely in tune with the Jungle. Their protectress never does let Rhy miss a thing.

Rhy slips through the Jungle quietly, noticing the creature that’s approached the girl. The monkeys here were rather brave and curious creatures, though Rhy admits that they’ve never come up and poked her. Granted, Rhy is often sparking or in a form with large, sharp teeth, so she suspects they’ve decided it’s best to stay away from her. “I see you’ve found some of our non-equine members,” she says quietly, trying not to spook the girl or the monkey. She doesn’t come any closer for the moment, figuring it polite to keep her distance till either girl or monkey notices her.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

The little roan stood giggling up a storm at this point. The small monkey had climbed up one of her dainty legs, and was now resting on her shoulders. It's long nimble fingers gently plucked at her charcoal mane, digging in and pulling out, hands lifting to its mouth. Sarkis did not know exactly what the creature was doing, but she did know that it tickled. It tickled like crazy!

She had really been doing her best to not jerk around, failing to keep her wiggling in check. The primate didnt seem to mind, it just shifted itself around, following a pattern each time she moved.  A hushed voice filters through her little ears, sending them flicking atop her crown. Eyes search to discern where the talking was coming from, finally resting on a golden splashed mare. Sarkis smiles broadly, and opens her maw to emit a loud "Hello!" The ape drops from it's perch chittering as it takes off again through the foliage.

She turns her neck, and her dial towards its fleeing form, watching it scamper away. " I think he found me," she says excitedly, turning her head back to look at the femme. Thin, gangly legs propel her forward, she trips as she progresses. Shaking her head in recovery, she begins to speak, already the questions had come. "What the heck was it doing?" blinking up at the other with hazel green eyes. "Who are you? I'm Sarkis."Immediately follows, she gave her name rather proudly, beaming like it had been very important.

html by Call
    The monkies around here weren’t always so friendly. They did typically keep away, but it wasn’t entirely unheard of for a group of them to gang up on an unsuspecting, weaker horse. It was probably a good thing the Amazonians didn’t exactly attract weak anything. But of the course, the Jungle was no easy place to live. At least, not until you got used to it. Now, Rhy almost found that open land was disconcerting. She felt vulnerable (well, as vulnerable as anyone with her slew of traits could feel) when there were no trees and vines covering her in every direction (including up).

Despite Rhy’s best attempts to be quiet, the girl is not and the ape goes scampering away. Rhy can’t help but chuckle at it slightly, and how quickly it took to the girl. She could only be an Amazonian to have such a quick friend in the primates. “It was picking bugs out of your mane. And eating them.” Rhy says, as if this is endlessly normally. And well, it is, when you live in the Jungle. The monkey’s are always grooming themselves, though rarely do they do so with the horses.

“I’m Rhy,” she offers next. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Sarkis. What have you been up to, other than playing with monkey’s?” The girl seems too at home not to belong to one of the other mares, though Rhy doesn’t know yet that that mare is Scorch. Not that such knowledge would change Rhy’s behavior in any way. An Amazonian is an Amazonian, and a foal is a foal, and she treats them all the same. With respect and kindness, because Rhy cannot really fathom any other way.

rhy

Sarkis watches the painted lady as she speaks, her maw hanging open. A perhaps comical look crosses her face. One of both disgust and astonishment, she couldn't quite belive why anyone would eat a bug. For that matter she was not aware that she even had bugs to begin with, sure her mane had itched a time or two, but she had attributed the fact to the Jungle heat. The sweat that would gather at the roots, clingy and sticking. Any build up of that might cause one to itch, or at least that is what she had overheard one day, two mares had been discussing just that very thing.

"I have, bugs?"she asks, the epitome of concern. She hadnt known how the bugs had gotten there, but now she was entirely pleased the monkey had eaten them. She wasn't sure what to think of this new information, perhaps she would have to spend more time grooming. The older mare then gives Sarkis her name, she says she is called Rhy. The filly likes that name, it is easy to say, far easier than her brothers name, Shahrizai. She still hadn't been able to correctly pronounce it, no matter how hard she had tried, or how slowly it was said. "That's a great name, I think I like that. You must be very proud, some names are really hard, but not your's." She says with exuberance, a broad grin sweeping up her cheeks.

She is then asked what she had been up to today, a familiar question. Someone was always asking her what she had been doing, though it was usually because she was in trouble. Seeing as though this was an adult, it was not her mother or father.  Nor her brothers or sisters, she deemed she was not currently in trouble. "Well, not really anything. I was exploring, just around here, mom said not to go far. I didn't though, I stayed right here just like she asked." She beamed brightly, very proud of herself. " I found a flower too, but it makes me sneeze. I don't think I like that." The little roan was very adamant about letting others know what she liked, and what she did not like. "Do flowers make you sneeze too?"she wondered if anyone else had this problem.

html by Call
    She can’t help but laugh slightly at the filly’s face, but it’s all in good humor. Rhy’s probably made that face a time or two in her life, though she doesn’t recall. She recalls different faces. The frown that pulled her mouth down every time Kora ran away from her, every time Rayelle had to follow. The widespread grin as she learned to control the electric, when she could actually hit the tree she was aiming for and not set the place on fire.

There had never been anyone to explain to her what the monkey’s do, or how to shift into a lion, or how to handle this whole ghost thing. There’d never really been anyone to tell her not to stray too far. Even when her parents were around, she was encouraged to run ahead, to go and play. Basically, every nice thing her mother could think of to get Rhy away from Kora. And therefore away from Rayelle. Riagan had been the one to come find Rhy. Riagan had been the one to help her control the electric. He’d been the only parent that could really come near her, because Kora never left Rayelle’s side. And Rayelle couldn’t ask her baby girl to stand near the electric creature.

That’s what she had been, then, in a way. No longer though. She was so much more.

”Just a few. And they are small. It’s sort of impossible not to have a few bugs in this place. They are everywhere.” Rhy probably had some of her own, though she kept herself presentable and clean. But they did live in a bug paradise.

Sarkis comments on her name, and Rhy has to ponder that comment for a moment. “I guess I am proud. Though not because it’s easy to say.” Granted, her name was easy to say, but she knows there’s more to it than that. She was a combination of her parents. Riagan and Rayelle. Rhy. But she carried them with her everywhere in that name. “I was named after my parents.” She says, to explain. Though she doesn’t dive into details. Doesn’t mention that they both died a few years ago, and she hadn’t even known. Not until the quest. Not until everything changed.

“That’s a pretty good day. Who’s your mom, if you don’t mind my asking? And flowers only make me sneeze if I stick my nose too close. If you leave a little room between the flower and your nose, you’ll probably be okay. Where’s the flower?”

rhy

talk talk talk

She hadnt expected this, the strangest of news. Who knew? Bugs living in her hair, tiny little things. That was "Gross,"she vocalized, shear disgust frosting her words. The golden paint didn't seem too put off by this notion, indeed she had even made it out to be a normal occurance. So she would live with this 'condition,' bummer.

Sarkis watches the lady, tiny antenna swivel at her replies. Two hazel green eyes sit as bookends to a powdered star, her ebon mane sticking straight up.  Named after her parents? Well that sounded super cool to her, she wondered what kind of name that would have left her with. Scortoni? Hestorch? Both she wrinkled her nose at, she was glad they had refrained.

Speaking of parents, Rhy had asked who her mom was. Well that was an easy question, one she was all too happy to answer. She loved her mother very much, the name leaking excitedly from her tiny jaw. "My mom's name is Scorch, she says she's the cow easy, whatever that is." She seemed to ponder this thought only briefly before addressing the next subject.

"The flower? Oh, I know its over here!"Bounding on unsteady legs in the direction of that petalled nuisance. Sneezing? Well, first of all it made your nose all tickly. Then it kinda hurt too, but after it felt sorta good. It was simply too many feels going on at once, and Sarkis did not appreciate it.

Reaching to bloom in question she crowed, "Here it is! Right where I left it."Tiny nares snort, dial jerks in a nod as if to say, hmmph take that!

html by Call
    Rhy had gotten rather lucky that her parents had decided to fall in love with someone with a name so similar to the other. Riagan and Rayelle. Rhy is the condensed version of the two. At least, of their names. In some ways, she is the product of the two of them. Of Rayelle’s sunshine and Riagan’s patience. But she’d spent less barely a year with her parents before they left, and in the end, Rhy became mostly a product of herself and the Jungle. Neither of her parents were traited, let alone quite sure what to do with an electric daughter. She wasn’t born with her other gifts. Probably a good thing. Her parents might have been outmatched then.

But the girl answers her question about her own mother, and Rhy smiles a bit more. “She would say that,” she chuckles. Scorch had one heck of a mouth, even around her own children. There were no filters on their Khaleesi. Though that was a pretty tame comment for Scorch. “Your mother is one of my best friends.” Rhy didn’t have very many of them. There were the Sisters, certainly. But Rhy only really considered herself close to Scorch and Lagertha. Close enough to tell personal stories. Close enough to tell each of them about finding her parents dead. She hadn’t told very many others that little fact. Not even her sister, though she needed to. She would. It just wasn’t a conversation she was looking forward to.

But Rhy doesn’t have time to think about it. Sarkis is already bounding off to the flower, and Rhy follows with an amused smile on her face. Had she been that energetic? Probably, but she had to pretend to not be. When she was a child, if she got too excited, she tended to shock anything within a few feet of her. What would life had been like if she could have run and play? So very different, she imagines.

The flower is a beautiful one, and Rhy leans down just a bit to sniff. It’s a beautiful smell, though one that certainly tickles the nose and Rhy laughs. “I can see why this one makes you sneeze.”

rhy

AND THE MOME RATHS OUTGRABE

She flicked her ears at the thought that her Mother even had a best friend, the tiny satellites flinching at her thoughts. Sarkis hadn’t seen them hanging out all that much, and never, ever playing. That was what you did with a best friend according to her, and she didn’t think her Mother was capable of such. Maybe grownup best friends didn’t mean the same thing, but what it might mean she wasn’t sure. It had to be very boring, something to involve meetings and lots of standing around.  Her head tilted in slight confusion, the star on her forehead taking an off center appearance at this angle. She wasn’t sure she would want a best friend when she got older, she already did not like just standing around. 

After she had found the flower, the woman accompanied her, inspecting the bloom herself. A multi-hued dial came sweeping down in a way that Sarkis found graceful, she herself could have never managed to do something so carefully. After a good sniff of the center, she confirms Sarkis’ suspicions, this was indeed a sneezy flower. The little roan snorted, blowing a mass of hot air from her lungs, sending the stalk waving in response. The perennial was a nuisance, and she didn’t want it to make her new friend sneeze, or anyone else sneeze either. It wasn’t very nice. She slid a delicate pedestal across the ground before speaking, “Can’t we just get rid of it?” She hoped, she asked, because when she didn’t ask she usually got in trouble for doing things she didn’t have permission to do. Which was rather often, she rarely had the time to ask, or to find someone to ask for that matter. “Who would want a sneezy flower anyways, what’s its purpose?” It was apparent Sarkis was not aware the importance of the ecosystem, on cause and effect.  “If I had my own Jungle, there wouldn’t be any flowers to make you sneeze. Instead, they would sing to you and make you happy.” Now those would be flowers worth keeping.

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

Scorch and Rhy played, in their way. They poked fun at one another without offense. Well, mostly, Rhy poked fun of Scorch, though certainly the Khaleesi got in a few jabs here and there. There was plenty of standing around though, plenty of talking. But their conversations were personal. Scorch is one of the few that know about her parents, and Rhy is one of the few that know about Scorch’s parents and the fact she was switched at birth. Rhy could speak her mind to Scorch about the kingdom as well and never feared repercussions for her thoughts, and never expected every one of them to be taken into account. But it was simply the listening and considering that mattered. They trusted one another, and that was more than Rhy could say for a large number of horses in her life. 

The girl seems confused by this notion of best friend in adults. Her head cocks to the side in a question, though Rhy doesn’t try to elaborate. For one, the girl is already bounding off to the flower and two, Rhy wouldn’t have understood when she was a child either. Life was all excitement and adventure. All go go go. She had changed as she grew. Of course she had. Everyone does, at least to some degree. Rhy had changed rather drastically in many ways, but Rhy’s life has never been exactly normal either. Though part of her was still Riagan and Rayelle’s electric, golden girl, and part of her would always be that.

The girl is definitely Scorch’s daughter though, all fire and brimstone, ready to remove everything standing in the way of what she wants. Rhy chuckles slightly at the resemblance, though not at the girls comments. “But the flowers feed the bugs, and the bugs feed the birds, and the birds spread the seeds of the trees. That’s how new trees grow, so when one of our trees grows old and dies, there’s another younger one ready to takes it place.” She pauses for a moment, letting the concept of an ecosystem sink in a bit. “The sneezy ones are particularly attractive to bugs,” she doesn’t dive into the concept of pollen. Not that the girl isn’t smart enough to understand, but rather it seems like the conversation might just grow dull there. “So we need sneezy flowers.”

rhy

Sorry lady...i wrote a reply to this like a while ago and apparently didn't post it....oops