• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Friendship is always a sweet responsibility
    The sky had splattered many clouds onto the sky, rotating in with a strong breeze it brought in various shapes and forms of formations in the deep azure overgrowth above, along with it a dark, almost dull shape emerged and appeared in the clearing of snow, specks of white dust covering his gently dappled form as he slowed to a halt, steam rising from his body as he looked around. The dull creature perked its ears, familiar noises of birds and the swaying of trees, although this time it was quiet, almost as if most of it had died down. The male started to move again, allowing his long legs to unfold as he sped up into a trot, his piston-like legs extending and creating small shapes in the snow as it splattered upwards and onto his mane, his white socks almost extended by the snow. A long bellowing whinny emerged from his chest as he entered another clearing, echoing slightly as he stood stiffly.

Aziz briefly looked around the surrounding area before plummeting down to the ground and rolling, snow flew into the air in a moment of spontaneity, landing in larger amounts and creating craters as if the clearing had become a sudden warzone, the stallion bolted upwards and into a canter, allowing the snow behind him to collect in his hooves and fly upwards a second later, the stallion burst into a gallop across the clearing as if scared that all the snow would suddenly disappear. A moment of silence perked his interest, a noiseless sound creeping into the general vicinity as he stopped, finally after all his travelling he could relax and allow himself to have a few foal-like outbursts, he closed his eyes for this occasion and allowed his usual stiff frame to relax for a moment before returning to his activities.
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]

and I could easily lose my mind; the way you kiss me will work each time
    calling me to come back to bed, singing Georgia on my mind

It is a good day for the prince today, one in which the air does not bother his lungs as much as it usually does; although he feels warmer and more prone to chills than the average horse, he decides that if there would be any day to venture to the field, it's today. Plague and sickness be damned, he will do his duty to Tephra, even if it means needing a little more sleep the next night, or even the next dozen.

The flight to the field is taxing, but not nearly as much as the walk would have been. He lands with a huff in the shin-deep snow, wings beating profusely to soften his landing; the air they displace causes huge billowing clouds of snow to erupt around him. As his wings finally make their way into his sides, the shimmering mass falls daintily around him, reflecting the light of the cool winter sun almost poetically.

It would seem that he is not the only creature disturbing the snow today.

Attention caught by the trumpeting call of a dark youth not far off, Rhaegor watches in silence as the creature barrels around the field like a colt after eating too many clover flowers. He's on the ground at one moment and then shooting across the plain the next, zipping here and there until at last he settles not far off, keen eyes scanning and perhaps seeing that which lies around him for the first time. Satisfied with the fact that this is the end of the stallion's antics, Rhaegor decides to approach.

Across his pink lips stretches a friendly smile, and though his expression is reserved, a warmth radiates undeniably from his cool brown eyes. The Tephran is unfortunately unable to make vocalizations of any sort towards the one he approaches, but this does not stop him from coming close enough such that the two might exchange breath. The other stallion also has a pale white nose; the soft tissue of their muzzles bump once or twice during the exchange, sending warmth through Rhaegor and settling his nerves.

Straightening, Rhae pushes his ears pointedly forward, rotating his jaw in a show of submission and respect although he has nothing in his mouth to chew. It is all he can do for now to communicate with the other; if someone else did not come along, he had another step already planned, but first, he wants to see how the bay will react.

Rhaegor

@[Aziz]
    [Image: rhae]
    The dark stallion inquisitively perked his ears at the other equine, it seemed that the whole encounter was rather silent, only a few snorts and snow shuffles radiated with the backdrop of crows as the two horses exchanged information. The dark bay stallion lowered himself slightly and swayed his tail, his ears perked attentively toward the other horse as his body relaxed, his frame pivoting into a comfortable stance as his back legs lumbered around in the snow, scraping the surface and creating small streaks of uncovered grass, the stallion paused even in the silence, almost slicing the thick air as he spoke "Hello" his lightly toned voice came deep from within his lungs, the creases and plicatures on his muzzle twisting as he moved his jaw, the air almost freezing as steam erupted from his nostrils.

His hazel eyes danced around the features of the equine in front, watching his movements and expressions, each second without a reply felt awkward, even though it was only a couple seconds from his first breath of conversation, the stallion felt like he had been waiting for years, he almost yearned for a response to cut the silence, not having interacted with many equines in a long time, he stood silently and kept his calm.

and I could easily lose my mind; the way you kiss me will work each time
    calling me to come back to bed, singing Georgia on my mind

Although his bay counterpart hides his discomfort well, Rhae can't help but feel the tension in the air as silence entrenches itself between them. It is clear that the other can at least vocalize, according to his previous whinny. A part of Rhaegor hopes that he cannot speak, too, that they might find a mutual understanding in silence; but the other speaks a hello, and this hope gets pushed to the side. Smiling, Rhae dips his head deeply in greeting.

Lifting it, he eyes the boy with a cocked brow and then tosses his head, gesturing towards a patch of untouched snow which lies before the both of them. Clearing his throat - about the loudest sound he could muster - the man emitted a beam of blue light from his chest, carefully guiding its path to draw a scene in the snow. He is conscious of his friend's movements as he does so, not wanting to harm the other should he jump in front of the snow-melting beam; but all goes well, and at last, he is finished.

In the snow before them is a good rendition of a volcano, with ash coming out of it and everything. After making sure that the other has gotten a good look at the image, Rhae then tosses his head and pivots, directing his friend's attention to the west. There, a long, long ways off, the very tip of what looks like a mountain can be seen - with a grin, Rhae looks to see if the other has understood.

That is my home, he tries to say, the pride of the unspoken statement swelling his chest. And with a step forward and a look back, he communicates this: I would like to show you it.

Rhaegor

@[Aziz]
    [Image: rhae]

falling through gravity at the speed of light

The stallion felt like the whole display was a trance, at first he was surprised by all of it, but his tension grew into trust as he began to understand, the stallion changed his position and peered in the direction that was being communicated, he shuffled in the snow, and threw his head, without a sound the male pawed at the ground enthusiastically, a soft snort exiting his nostrils as he pranced gently, although he had already been travelling almost endlessly for the last few weeks he felt like he could still run miles, the stallion almost already trusted the other equine and couldn't wait to get going.

The stallion shut his fluttering eyelids for one moment, allowing a slight pause in the atmosphere to regain himself, he balanced his frame and raked the ground with his large hoof once more, his dark leg extending in front of him, raising the fallen snow and disturbing where it once lay. He threw his head into the air and pushed his tail into the air, signalling his eagerness.

A Z I Z

@[The Plague]
    @[Aziz] is safe. For now. (rolled a 6)