• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the way you kiss me will work each time // Aziz + Any

and I could easily lose my mind; the way you kiss me will work each time
    calling me to come back to bed, singing Georgia on my mind

As he looks back at the silently expressive stallion, Rhaegor can't help but feel supremely lucky. The fact that he can only hope to successfully recruit someone in winter almost seems forgettable as the handsome bay stallion tossed his head and snorted appreciatively, stepping forward to clearly indicate his interest in following Rhae to the place he had gestured. Grinning widely in such a way that clearly conveys his mental keenness, Rhae tosses his own head and sets off at a spirited gallop.

Of course, the plague-ridden boy cannot keep up this pace; and before long, he sets the pace at a walk, hoping to have satisfied his new friend's new for adrenaline enough to get him all the way to Tephra without things getting awkward. As his chest aches and mucus swells in the lining of his airways, however, he cares less about Aziz's feelings and more about his own well being.

Luckily, it is not long until they are passing the scentline which indicates the beginning of the land called Tephra. The volcano which had seemed so small back there in the field is suddenly a looming monster, spewing a clean line of clouds and clearly warm as with the lack of snow surrounding its base and the hundred feel out from it. The other scenery seems inconsequential compared to the magmatic structure, but there are forests and hills and valleys here, too, and they see it all as they pass through the kingdom.

Hoping that another soul might come along to properly greet and introduce the newcomer, Rhae clears his throat and pauses his trek, glancing up and then emitting a bright, bright light. A signal for any who knew him to come say hello, given that he cannot call them over; then, with a grin, the prince lunges playfully towards the warmblooded stallion and feigns a nip on his shoulder, half-rearing in mock battle as they await the arrival of another. After all, Rhae had watched this stallion perform similar antics in the field, so hopefully he would not be taken aback by Rhae's actions now.

Rhaegor

@[Aziz]
    [Image: rhae]

falling through gravity at the speed of light

The dark warmblood blissfully followed the other equine, happy with the pace that was set since he was already tiring from all his travels, at least this time he had a companion along with him.
    Aziz quietly watched the terrain around them change, the snow slowly disappearing as they traversed through the landscape, he could almost already feel warm, his eyes darting at each and every single thing that moved or made a sound, as they came to a halt the warmblood still did not focus on the other equine, instead he still allowed his eyes to wander around, taking in all the scenery, dumbfounded by the immense structures before him. The stallion paused to look before darting his head back to the sudden beam of light, at first he was slightly startled, observing contently as all the trees suddenly gained colour as they swayed, but he was soon comforted by the other horse's playful mood.

Aziz watched as the horse reared, watching him come down onto the ground with great strength and imprinting his mark on the ground, Aziz himself then spun around with a whinny and playfully began to buck and prance around, aiming his head toward the other stallion from time to time with a playful snort, he was delighted that he could indulge in such antics after being away from other equines for so long, he shot a smile and simmered down for a moment.

A Z I Z

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]

The other stallion seems immersed in the landscape as the two traverse the length of Beqanna, coming eventually to the ashen Tephran border. Rhae glances over from time to time when the handsome bay isn't looking, admiring the tilt of Aziz's jaw as he admires the volcano and the forests and the outcroppings. It makes the buckskin consider his home with a renewed interest, as if he too, is seeing it for the first time.

When they stop and Rhae shoots up his light, the other startles; but he quickly adjusts to Rhaegor's strange magic, looking to see the way his blue light affects the colours of the flora around them. Rhae is left wanting to ask if this stranger has any magicks to his name, but he suspects that the warmblood is normal - a thing that is, in fact, abnormal in the current makeup of Beqanna. He hopes that someday he might be comfortable enough to speak at length with his new companion; for now, it will have to be silence, with perhaps a single word or two to bridge the gap left between them by his disability.

Luckily, they have other forms of communication between them; and the playful antics are in fact rather revealing as to the character of the warmblood. As they cavort and throw fake shots at one another with big, breathless smiles, Rhaegor begins to feel more at ease in the presence of the stranger. Typically, he is completely incapable of speaking to stallions; but besides a single word of greeting, Aziz has not tried to press conversation upon Rhae, leaving him feeling more capable than ever before.

As a moment of quiet settles between them, the pegasus steps forward and parts his lips, hoping that the other might be able to hear the whispery words that befall him.

"I'm Rhaegor. This... is Tephra."

Rhaegor

@[Aziz]

falling through gravity at the speed of light

The stallion was still stunned by the beauty of this mythical land and of the creatures that wandered in it, he was in awe as he looked around, pleasantly indulged by the silence of the moment, most conversations were clamorous and noisy, but this one was peaceful, a lot different but definitely calming. As the stallion looked around he reverted his gaze back toward the buckskin stallion, watching him as the figure advanced forward, his soft lips parched as if he was to speak, the bay stallion perked his ears as he listened in, a faint whisper leaving the buckskin's lips, the bay pleasantly threw a smile and pawed at the ground, "It's nice to meet you" he looked around once more, Tephra, he could now put a label on this magical land, only asserting his gaze back on the male once he had taken the view in, "I'm very thankful, for showing me this land and introducing me to it" he spoke quietly, mimicking the tone of the buckskin as he bowed softly, only to look back up at the sky, the call of different species flooding the treeline as it swayed in time with the breeze, allowing small leaves to gently fall around them, the creaking of trees surrounding them as they both were flooded in silence once more.

The bay stallion was quite pleasantly surprised about his new companion, a friend to call his own in this mysterious land, at least he hoped so, the bay threw his head in an indication of happiness as he softly smiled, still quite dumbfounded about this new land he was now standing in.  

A Z I Z

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: N3F7IUd.png]

For all the silence that their 'conversation' has been up until this point, the bay opposite Rhaegor displays such a pleasant disposition that it seems an almost negligible shortcoming of their interaction. Upon hearing the prince's whispery words, the handsome bay smiled with a toss of his head and a scuff of his hoof against the earth. The simplicity of their companionship made Rhae smile right back at the bay, ears flicking forward to catch that which the other has to say.

He says that it's nice to meet Rhae, and for a moment the buckskin thinks that this is all his friend will say, allowing his own gaze to meander across Tephra's outcroppings as the other's does; but then more words befall his ears and Rhae snaps right back to attention, brown eyes glimmering thoughtfully as the other spoke. He mentions being thankful; Rhae, too, is thankful for this safe haven. In response to the yet nameless character's bow, the prince lowers his own poll, eager to demonstrate the equality between them and his appreciation of the other's tolerance of his defective silence.

Seeming now to have said his part, the bay tosses his head and gazes off around them. A sliver of discomfort at not being able to be a better host enters Rhaegor, and he shifts his weight idly before stepping forward to softly speak once more. "You may approach anyone here, if you would like. Magnus is our king, if you are ever to meet him. I must be going, but please, make yourself at home." Reaching forward, Rhae presses his nose to the base of the other's neck, feeling the firm muscle bunched just beneath the bay skin found there. After a moment, the young stallion lifts his head and offers a final nod before turning and fading into the distance.

Rhaegor

@[Aziz] So, Aziz is welcome to post a starting 'any' thread in tephra, or to enter any thread with the word 'any' in it already started here! Welcome to tephra, I hope you and Aziz really like it here <3 Thanks for the fun thread!!