• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

To say that I am grateful for the harmonious nature of mine and Solace's relationship would be an understatement. Ever since our fight - the only one of real consequence over the years, the one that left her immortal and I facially scarred - we've plied ourselves to understanding and compassion, to patience and to trust. In the face of all these changes, those qualities are invaluable: we stand alone as the sole kingdom in Beqanna to have fully conquered our fourth of the continent, with not a drop of bloodshed nor barely any spitting of heated words.

As such, although the stress has been an enormous weight on our shoulders, the seamless foundation of our relationship has allowed Solace and I to effectively ignore her pregnancy. Not in a neglectful way, but one in which we simply allow it to come to us instead of worrying over it as we have in the past. Hell, this pregnancy has been a breeze compared to all our other ones combined. First mine, when we thought I would be dying; then her twins with another stallion; and then our triplets. Indeed, having one child that is not going to kill one of us feels almost like not being pregnant at all!

At least, until labour kicks in.

Snow still lines the floor of Silver Cove, winter's last attempt to make us Beqannans cold and miserable. But when Solace finds me today, misery is the last thing on my mind; I am trotting excitedly towards her before my name even leaves her lips, the scent of her having wafted downwind to me before she needed to.

"Solace," I call in reply, the syllables of her name resembling manifestations of love and ardor more than vocalizations. She asks me to take a walk with her but I'm busy tangling my nose up in the locks of her mane, pressing my chest to hers and leaving a trail of kisses down her sweaty neck. When her stomach jolts with the pain of a contraction however, I draw back (her mane stuck on prongs of my antlers and getting ripped a little indelicately as I yank myself free with a good-natured chuckle) and consent.

"Where to, my Queen? The ends of the earth?" I kiss her cheek and nuzzle her around, such that we begin walking back the way we came. I gesture grandly with my crown of bones, towards the bay and to the mountains of Hyaline. "I fear that I cannot grant thee this wish, oh love of my heart - but I can walk you along this place that you have banished me to, for fear of my health, though you are the antidote to my every ailment."

My eyes find hers, and for a split second, I manage to keep a straight face - but then I am laughing, the excitement of our coming child writ in every line of my face.

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - kag - by Kagerus - 11-10-2018, 04:52 PM