• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

When she’s not careful — when she lets her guard down — he softens her in a way no one else can. With the weight of his body against hers, his breath tickling the sensitive skin by her ear and his lips occasionally brushing against her, she almost forgets to pretend to not care. For a moment, her dark blue eyes drift close, his warm thoughts rippling through her mind like a lullaby. Here, in the embrace of her safe haven, she is quieted, so much so that she loses grip on her frigid facade. ”I know you will, my angel boy,” She says in a voice that is hardly above a whisper, mainly uttered against his roaned coat. A voice that is for once sincere, without the cool undertones.

Her eyes snap open when she realizes how transparent she had sounded, and even though her fluid muscles tense as a response, she doesn’t pull away from him.

She has accepted that he is far too good for her. Someday, he will grow tired of her foolish games, and she knows she will be left alone. His thoughts of her are genuine and sweet for now, but she knows she hurts him every time she disappears, and yet for some reason, she cannot bring herself to stay. The idea of him seeing every part of her, every day, and perhaps still discarding her for someone kinder and prettier is something she would not be able to endure. She had learned to steel herself to the sight of her mother walking away countless times — the one she should have been able to rely on, the one living creature she actually needed at that point in her life to keep her alive — but she doesn’t know if she could lose Ophanim with the same sort of flippant disregard.

She has been focused on toying with his beautiful feathers, gently of course, in an attempt to brush off how completely nice and sweet she had sounded moments earlier, not daring to look him in the eye. He mentions warm places, and ice, but once again he makes guilt spread from the corners of her heart as he leaves the decision up to her; always her. ”We can try them all and then pick our favorite. Or just take over every island and kick everyone else out and keep them all to ourselves. Just you and me.” From anyone else the sentiment would have sounded sweet and teasing, especially following how genuine she had been earlier. But beneath her lyrical tones lays something possessive, a desperation to keep her angel boy all to herself, and she lips playfully below his jaw in effort to soften her too truthful words.

@[Ophanim]

@[The Plague] can we roll for these two please :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Starsin - 12-04-2018, 05:50 PM