• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

please allow me to introduce myself. [ether]
    I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
    There was a time that Niklas had all that he wanted: a throne, the heat, the slap and sizzle of flayed and burnt flesh. Hell for some, Heaven for him.

It’s all about perspective.

He can feel Ether’s imminent attendance – the shadows bend to his will because they must, his dear, pitchy slaves. They fear him, serve him; but they love the boy. It matters little to him – their obedience is his to wield as he sees fit. Loyalty without something in return is not a concept he is well versed in. His insides ache and a shiver ripples down his sides and he rattles the bars of his cage. He would be free one day. Until then …

He blinks and the yellow eyes are there, peering out from the impossible depth that hides the rest of him. Niklas does not hesitate to smile and he cannot help it, it is a gruesome, dangerous thing. Who are you, he asks and the black devil’s smile only grows wider, the black of his eyes going white and then fading to a dull brown.

“You mean you don’t recognize your own family?” He feigns a pout, drawing closer to the pair of eyes, the soft thud of his footsteps on the frozen earth disturbing the quiet of the deep wood. Thin ears pinned tight, teeth clenched together, he snakes his head out and blows, eyes rolling back as he shoves the shadows back with a violent burst of power. His intent is to strip the younger stallion of his cloak, bare him without prejudice. They may refuse, cling to their charge as if they might save him for whatever hell awaits him in their master’s company. No matter – he can always send his pet in after him.

“Right then,” he suddenly says, shifting in the gloom, nose wrinkled in mild disgust. “Niklas,” he offers, knowing the name will have no meaning and not caring. “Do you even know who you are? What you are?” He asks with a tilt of his thin head. Even he is not entirely sure - beyond the blood relation - but he can sense this Ether belongs to his darkness.

The Plague creeps along the Forest floor, sinking into his flesh, a sickness welcomed.

Niklas

Messages In This Thread
    RE: please allow me to introduce myself. [ether] - by Niklas - 11-14-2018, 01:46 AM