• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I smile in the face of fear; Lynx
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    The entire world had upended itself, but right now that hardly seemed to matter. Tephra is safe, and so is she. That’s all that really matters right now anyway. After all, she is carrying his child. His.

Honestly, he’s ridiculously pleased with himself. As if he hadn’t already been. She loves it, even if she won’t say so. He still has so much to show her about her body (about what they could do together), but he supposes some of that will have to wait for now. Besides, there’s something almost absurdly satisfying about watching her belly grown round with his child.

The air is warm and heavy as he trots along the sandy beach, step as buoyant as the brightness gleaming from his amber eye. He has enjoyed the lapping waves, splashing about in them as a child might. He has always enjoyed the lighter things in life, had even done his very best to coax Lynx into joining him. After all, what could be more fun than a slightly naughty romp in the waves?

He couldn’t think of anything.

But that is far from his mind today as he makes his way along the shoreline, seeking her familiar black and white. He doesn’t have anything particular in mind, mostly he just wants to see her. Like he didn’t see her every day. Semantics, really.

The lopsided grin dances across his features when finally he spies her. He slips alongside her as easily as breathing, a brief shudder of cold air sapping the humidity from the sticky Tephran clime in a little bubble around them. He places a line of warm kisses along the swell of her stomach before tracing that line along her neck and ending with a tender kiss on the curve of her jaw. “Hello beautiful,” he greets throatily, an amused twinkle gleaming in his bright gaze.
    Fox

@[lynx]

Messages In This Thread
    I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 11-11-2018, 11:39 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-15-2018, 05:26 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 11-23-2018, 06:27 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 11-27-2018, 05:20 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 12-04-2018, 02:19 AM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Fox - 12-06-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by Persea - 12-06-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: I smile in the face of fear; Lynx - by lynx - 12-07-2018, 11:24 PM