• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wantingly longed for your touch; Ivar
    The way she watches him is disconcerting, though he cannot know it is no different from the way he watches her. There’s less hunger in her gaze perhaps (or at least a less literal appetite) but there is a marked similarity in how the watch, as though puzzling apart the other into a thousand different bits. It is uncomfortable, and so he yawns, the gesture revealing far too many teeth. It’s not a threatening gesture – it is simply how he responds to minor stress – but it is far from his most alluring act.

That lack of interest in drawing her in is, rather conversely, what keeps him near.

It is not that he does not want her, because he does and does move ever slowly closer, but rather that the reluctance to be near her brightness simultaneously repels and attracts him. He wants to put out the glimmer of her starshine, but he’s not quite sure he wants to destroy it forever. For a creature that deals in absolutes in the sea, this indecisiveness is foreign. The kelpie settles for agreeing, the idea of drawing her back to Ischia at least being something that he is sure of.

“I will.” He says, now just out of reach in the dark water. This near, he must glance between Lirren and her stars. Taking his golden eyes from their glow for too long seems a dangerous choice, but he must also watch the mare herself, and the way the water glides against her mahogany sides. “You should stay, too.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wantingly longed for your touch; Ivar - by Ivar - 12-26-2018, 10:10 PM