• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that's all there is;

My dreams have all come true

In a way that seems uniquely her own, Noah doesn’t bend to the idea of his ‘kingship’ like most would. Some grew rigid, others fell willingingly beneath a smile or a joke, but true to a nature all her own the strawberry-tinted mare is simply polite. Good, He reasons to himself, mimicking her initiative and turning a pleased eye toward the undulating hills. Her interest is focused, singular … it would make their tentative cease-fire that much easier to maintain, unlike his suspicions when it came to Sylva and Sinner.

At the turn of her head, Bane mutely regards her questions with something of a side eye, tilting his chin in a curious fashion. He wasn’t aware that this rendezvous would put him into a spotlight, so to speak, and the somber indifference of Noah’s inquiry doesn’t take away from the fact that her examination of himself and his territory was weighted. There was a good chance she might not like the answers provided, but after a few seconds of quiet deliberation the male pegasus sees no reason to gloss the truth. “Before I came around, Loess was all about keeping to herself. Quiet, inconspicuous. My predecessor - the old gray who challenged my command in your Pampas - tried his best but failed to make anything out of her. His own subjects and the Loess reputation were soiled because of it.” He summed, mind drifting to Lepis as it often did.

Shifting, his dark-colored hooves displaced the frozen soil beneath him before Wolfbane could find a more comfortable stance. “When the burden of leadership passed to me, I changed the dynamic of things. We became a mercenary group, using our powers and traits to fulfill contracts with other kingdoms. It worked better than I could’ve imagined, which led to our eventual claim over Sylva. I instated Arthas as a ruler there and we enjoyed open borders and surging numbers for a while.” He smiled wistfully, omitting the eventual reason for their falling out which, ironically, was also due to Lepis. Bane’s winged Cleric seemed to have a knack for causing unrest wherever she went, and despite how that sounded her mate had yet to see a real problem arise from it.

She was outspoken and not one to be oppressed, which was one of the reasons he’d fallen for her.

“Maybe things worked because I believe in this place, and so do the others who’ve decided to stay. The versatility, married to our position on a map, makes Loess rich with possibilities. I believe in her - along with her ability to adapt to change - and my intent is to keep that idea going long after I’m gone.” The striped palomino laughs, booming in the empty quiet around them. A proposition like the dreams he held seemed insurmountable when compared to those of the powerhouses everyone knew: Tephra, Nerine, Hyaline. Still, he laughed at the antiquated ideas the other horses clung to. Laughed and then fell silent, before turning his face to view Noah fully with both eyes and ears trained on her.

“And what do you believe in? Eternal peace? A solution to every problem? I’m curious to know what an outsider like yourself dreams of, since you’ve jumped head-first into the deep unknown of this place.”

Like all good nightmares do

@[Noah]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-10-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 11-11-2018, 02:33 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 11-13-2018, 11:09 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 11-18-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 12-07-2018, 09:16 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Wolfbane - 12-12-2018, 02:36 PM
    RE: that's all there is; - by Noah - 12-15-2018, 09:03 PM