• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tuesday i was through with hoping; Litotes

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

In the quiet she cannot miss the sound of a creature barreling through the snow toward the lake. She does not search long for the sound, the lion, though light colored does not blend completely into the snow. Kensa’s ears pin back into the tangle of her flaxen mane. However this creature does not seem to be hunting her, it looks terrified and it’s flight toward her is frantic. It must be mad. She quickly evaluates her location in the midst of the frozen lake, she is either very safe or very not.

The lion slides out onto the ice and she tosses her head, shifting her weight so she can escape in the other direction. It slides closer to her than she likes but the smell that comes to her isn’t the foul musk of a predator but a scent that makes her feel joyful and also very confused consider the fact that she is looking at a big cream colored lion and not...Lie. He returns to his own shape before her eyes. She spots a sandy shape clinging near his withers but he is standing quickly before she can approach and investigate.

Kensa, I’m sick!

The words echo back at them from the solid surface of the lake. She shouldn’t go to him, but she cannot help it. He is her counterpart and companion and it is only a matter of time before this illness finds her. She has given herself over to protecting Hyaline and this comes with it. She cannot be afraid of sickness when it comes in the shape of someone dear to her. “Oh, Lie.” She says, distracted from her melancholy by the stallions clear distress. Stay there, you’re going to fall and break the ice.” She chides, and moves toward him without hesitation, before he can hurry back (she can see it in his face, damn him) her look turns darker and she says more firmly. “I mean it, don’t move until I get to you.”

Picking her way over the ice to him she pauses before him, indicating he should turn with her and then, side by side she guides him back to the shore at the calm careful pace that had born her out into the lake in the first place. Over her shoulder she throws a glance at the golden cat, with its banded legs and wide intelligent face. However her focus for now is Lie and securing him on the lake shore.

Once they arrive on real solid ground she turns to him, her stern face fading into concern. “What happened, Litotes?” She murmers, reaching for him, but thinking better of it and instead looking around to his companion. “And who is this?” She’d been longing to see him a moment ago, and now he was here and she was confused and worried, and half cocked to bite him if he tries to scramble away from her like she’ll disintegrate if the touch.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: tuesday i was through with hoping; Litotes - by Kensa - 11-16-2018, 12:17 AM