• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Home is in the sky; Anninux, any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

This mare is so skinny - Ilma wonders how she even moves about. Sure, perhaps it's also in the breed differences (as a matter of fact it is); but winter season just isn't very forgiving.

Not with a sickness spreading about the lands.

It's a miracle she's not sick yet, or, perhaps she is just lucky. She might even be a carrier, does this thing have an incubation time? She wonders a moment, but she doesn't stop. She brings the mare, opposite in colour and currently, build, around Pangea, towards the Hyaline border, then curves the bay into what's now the Silver Cove.

She still has to get used to the fact that this is now their home instead of Hyaline, but so be it.

The white mare looks at the black one with an inviting smile and nods towards the centre of the kingdom. "Come, I'm sure they've left something for us to graze on. Let's see if anyone is about." Because, besides food, Anni definitely needs some more warmth.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Solace]@[Kagerus]@[Anninux]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery

Finally a place to rest, a warm and food filled haven that she could live in for a while, she was extremely grateful toward the white mare, and smiled toward her as she began to speak, the mention of grazing was enough to make her excited, proper food that she could gulp down like a ravenous pig, the mare moved off to the side "Thank you for all of this, I cannot imagine what would have happened if I wasn't found by you, I'm very grateful" The mare spoke softly as she looked around the surrounding area, staring contenly at all that was around her, potentially waiting for someone's arival.

A N N I N U X

@[Ilma]
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Indeed, the shift of homes for the majority of Hyalinians has been difficult. Despite what I'd had to say in the kingdom meeting about our home being the sanctuary provided to us through the presence of one another, it's not as easy to feel that way when all you've known is Hyaline. And yes, I've known other homes before, but that was decades ago, before the Reckoning, when things were so very different. When I emerged from the Beyond, the first kingdom I ever set foot in was Hyaline, and the first person I ever met there was Solace.

My eyes go to the southwest, to the peaks of the mountains that hold the many hideaways that I and my family used to frequent. The change is hard, and I do not know how I will overcome it; at least for the others, they may return to Hyaline at their own bidding. I must stay here and preserve myself, for the good of the Sanctuary.

Two figures appear on the border, a sight I am somewhat used to seeing these days as stragglers from Hyaline make their way to the Cove; but one I immediately recognize as Ilma due to the radiance of her sunshine wings, and the other I do not recognize at all. She has a similar Arabian heritage to me, though purer. Intrigued, I shift from where I had been standing along the coast, cantering loftily over the terra until I pull up near the pair.

The dark Arabian seems intent on memorizing her new surroundings, though by the appearance of her (and of her ribs) she ought to be intent on eating. She reminds me of my step mother Insignificance like that, all skin and bones; but I do not stare as I make my approach, instead smiling gently.

"Ilma!" I laugh, skipping the last few steps toward her to pull her into an unusually fond embrace. I don't get to see my friend and ambassador as often any more, because she has duties away from the kingdom that I can no longer attend to; thus, this reunion is a rather happy one for me. I speak again as I pull away, a big smile colouring my expression. "It is so good to see you again, I hope you are well? How is Beqanna doing? I trust you've seen far more of it than I have, as of late."

Remembering myself, I step back and pivot my hips such that I am also facing the newcomer. "And who have you brought with you?" I step forward with the words, extending my nose such that the beautiful Arabian might exchange breath with me in the Old Way of greeting. I wonder if she will take much notice of the ghastly, alien scar which strikes across my face from ear to opposite nostril, or perhaps of the enormous antlers that sit atop my skull.

"I am Kagerus, the Caretaker of Silver Cove. It is a pleasure to meet you."

@[Ilma] @[Anninux]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery

The young mare was quite astonished by the sudden appearance of a new equine, although this one also seemed to hold some magical attributes to herself, at this point Anninux almost felt alien herself but comforted by the arrival's exchange, as the mare announced her name Anninux couldn't help but allow her eyes to dance around her frame, studying the large antlers sprouting from her head. The mare was hardly surprised by all of it at this point, it was most likely something she would have to get used to over time, the mare bowed and announced her own name "It is nice to meet you, I am Anninux" she stated briefly and shortly, not having all that much to announce to her own name, she smiled briefly before turning her attention to Ilma, stepping back and giving them space to converse.

A N N I N U X

@[Ilma] Sorry for the short reply, kind of busy but still wanted to get one out C:

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

It never really takes long to be noticed; perhaps her radiant white is magnified by the wings she now has, but then, she was never one to hide - not one to walk up to the front of a group either, however. She's perfectly fine in the middle, to be honest - but she's also glad for her position as ambassador, since it gives her freedom in her negotiations, instead of having to keep vague and first go back and forth to her leaders for every detail.

Anni seems still a little uncertain and to be honest, not much different from Briseis, or even herself long ago (though she had definitely been less skinny). Still, she seems to liven up with the idea of being allowed to stay here, and have something to eat, and be generally safe. Kagerus is a sight on her own, of course - but Ilma greets her with familiarity and she senses more than notices, that Anni can hold on to such behaviour, steady herself as it were. "Still no sickness for me, though I don't know how long that will hold." she offers and smiles at the both of them. Her smile falters at what she has to tell Kagerus next. "It's... empty. Everyone is hiding, it seems, except for perhaps a few brave or, already-ill souls. And some perhaps who love the emptiness." She shakes her head.

The spotted mare asks about the new, black visitor, and Ilma simply dips her head to Anninux. The mare can introduce herself properly, Ilma notices. Perhaps in due time she'd rather like to join their ranks, but for now there are other priorities. "Anni is one of those in need of a home and some protection, and... ah, some food too I think." she grins a bit, thinking Kag will surely be able to provide that. It's an understatement, of course, but in time, Ilma is quite sure that the arabian mare will put on some healthy weight.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Kagerus]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Anninux

Anninux observes the interactions between the other equines, they seem different, although she can't quite figure out how. The swart mare turned her head and bowed slightly, introducing herself gently as Anninux, her words quite short but sharp, her name was still weird to her, to be able to call herself something freely and without limit, she averted her attention back to the other horses as they conversed, a feeling of thick tension, or perhaps worry lifting into the falling atmosphere, Anninux exhaled heavily as she stepped aside, allowing the others to discuss, the mare instead began to wander around, observing the contour of the grass recede as she situated herself alone a ridgeline, she pivoted her thickly coated ears as they received the roaring creak of the trees as they swayed peacefully, leaves falling rapidly toward the ground and gently slotting into the grass, a few critters scurried around her as she stepped forward, the ground beneath her forming small hoof prints as she walked, for a moment she excused herself from the gathering, giving the others some peace while she ventured off to find some food.

The mare arched her frame as she lowered herself to the curtailed grass, the stems thick and sturdy, thinning once at the top. The mare snorted and bent over, picking at the grass quietly, finally able to fill herself with some food, she was happy with how quiet and peaceful yet so far eventful the place was.  

— those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery —

@[Ilma] @[Kagerus]
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

As my words fade into memory, the gorgeous black Arab introduces herself as Anninux. A suitably exotic name for such a creature as herself, one which I shall have to concentrate on pronouncing correctly. She seems a polite creature, or at least one that knows her place - though she needn't be quite so formal, even if I do come off as somewhat intimidating - and after a moment of consideration, she steps back to allow space for my Ambassador and I to converse.

Extending a last smile toward the newcomer, I shift my attention to Ilma, briefly admiring her pale white coat and the wings which adorn her well groomed back. There is definitely something to say about how Beqanna changes you, for when I had first recruited Ilma, she too had had the strange smell and feel of this Anninux. It doesn't take long for the magic of this continent to stake its claim, as long as those it is claiming are up to snuff; many come here and fade away quickly, daunted by what it means to be a part of Beqanna.

Hopefully, Anninux will have what it takes.

Ilma states that she is yet healthy, to which I nod my head somberly. It will be best if the majority of Hyalinians can avoid sickness, especially those of us in the Council; what with the political shifting going on everywhere, it is beyond crucial. As for Hyaline, the white mare says that it is empty, save for an elusive few. I shake my head gently at this. "It breaks my heart that I, too, cannot be there with those who remained. But Hyaline is Solace's before it is mine, and I trust her judgement. Almost a year now has passed since the spread of the contagion; I pray every day that its end comes soon." There is more I want to say, but I hold. Anninux is far too new to be slapped across the face with the intricacies of our politics just yet; but I exchange a significant look with Ilma, wondering if she too feels the weight of this plague.

Ilma makes a final introduction for Anni, to which I reply: "Well, there is plenty of food here, and many who would be glad to get to know you. You have the run of the Sanctuary, Anninux - but do not wander beyond these borders, lest you wish to fall sick with the plague." At that, the black mare turned to go, eventually finding her place in the tall grasses of a nearby copse of trees. I look once more to Ilma, nod my head appreciatively, and depart.

@[Ilma] @[Anninux] welcome to hyaline Anninux! You may post an 'any' thread or join any thread with the word 'any' in the title <3 <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver