• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Fiery Dreams, Any!

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

The melted snow and rising steam draws her gemstone eyes away from him, but they snap back quickly to the object of greatest interest. She is too stunned by his reply to recognize, at first, that she might have come across as rude right away even if the introduction were so entirely typical of her. Rebirth. A word that makes her think of Tahti, who after being killed by a bear last year appeared again as a young foal, alive and new. But this is something else, for he is full grown but also new.

Kensa, incorrigible explorer, steps closer as he shakes himself again and the ground around him appears to have cooled. “I’ve never seen anything like that. But I’m sorry, my name is Kensa. I could have said hello instead of questioning you.” A slight tilt of her head acknowledging that she’d been less than polite, though she laughs softly at herself, because it’s not the first time she’d had questions like that for someone she has just met. “Happy to meet you, Rouhi.” She adds, having closed the distance enough to touch her chocolate muzzle to his fresh pink one if he’ll allow her.

”You have done that before?” She asks, resuming their conversation without any reserve. She assumes he must have, because he is very calm about the whole thing, as though he’s been stepping--still half on fire--out of the flames all of his life. She has a million more questions, what precipitates this? Does it hurt? What does the inside of fire look like? But she knows that sometimes her curiosity can be a little overwhelming to others and she is too sweet tempered to deliberately make her company uncomfortable.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Rouhi] Oh no worries!

Messages In This Thread
    Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Rouhi - 11-14-2018, 11:23 AM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Kensa - 11-14-2018, 10:21 PM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Rouhi - 11-15-2018, 08:24 AM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Kensa - 11-15-2018, 11:06 AM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Rouhi - 11-15-2018, 11:37 AM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Kensa - 11-19-2018, 11:43 PM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Random Event - 11-20-2018, 02:31 PM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Rouhi - 11-20-2018, 05:01 PM
    RE: Fiery Dreams, Any! - by Kensa - 11-21-2018, 09:51 PM