• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing like a little fear to make a paper man crumble; magnus
    They had frolicked upon soft sand beaches, racing wild and free, a litlte hummingbird in his ear.

Epithet emerges upon the shores of Tephra just as lovely as the day she had left.

She had been particles int he air, floating along, lazy and content. She was the mist of the shoreline, watching and conjuring a feeling of ease. The molecules gather slowly, thickening to form an outline against a hazy horizon, her form transparent and glistening like a mirage in the sunlight.

Epithet floats like this, watching with liquid eyes, observing the Beqanna she had hidden away from. The world was much the same, she had made a point over the years to look upon Magnus with gentleness, a soft place for the kind man. Why had she stayed away? The mare recognizes her her stubbornness, her toxicity that swathe her in a luscious cloak. She had used it as armor against the world till one day she could no longer exist amongst the living. She could not simply just be

The density of the particles become solid to form the soft grey mare with the dark eyes, flowers woven in the pretty braid of her long ash mane. The black booted limbs hold her steadily as she forms in her natural state of a simple misty morning grey mare with kind eyes and a soft smile. To others she was a tyrant but to Magnus...to Magnus she could not help but be who she truely was beneath the hard walls of her guarded heart.

E P I T H E T

it's a start and i'm sorry its utter shit. i'll get there, i promise!

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

The days have grown quiet, the land once more settling into itself.

He remembers these moments after war, after the Reckoning. He remembers what it means to find peace in the aftermath when the echoes of it still sing around you. He tilts his head back and breathes the sulphur and the ash in deep, letting it settle into his lungs as he looks around them, watching the land unfold. Tephra was still standing. Sickness touches her borders. Illness even has found its way inside, but she is still standing, and he has no intention of letting her fall before those with other intentions.

Magnus shakes the dust from his golden coat, the scars visible beneath the warm light of day.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the mare beginning to materialize, her body drawing together in the corners of his home. Recognition strikes in his mind, and he recalls their time together, the simple sweetness of chasing one another down the sandy beaches, her flitting around his head, driving him faster and faster forward. It is enough to warm his features, crooked smile beginning to curve his lacerated lips, gold-flecked eyes softening as he turns a wild head in her direction.

The journey to her is short and he arrives quickly, not bothering to hide the pleasure in his eyes.

“Epithet,” her name is soft in his whiskey voice and he closes the distance between them to press the velvet of his nose into the crook of her neck, breathing in her fragrance. “It has been too long.” He takes a step back, studying the curves and the angles of her, taking her in before finding her gaze again. “How have you been? I hope that you have been keeping safe in these troubled hours.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]