• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Can you See the Truth Behind a Curtain of Lies?[Bruise]

I stumble forwards at the sound of something very near.  My heart beating faster, pressing harder against my rib cage.  My body rushes ahead and then I slow as something takes hold of my mind.  I twist to face the forest.  Squaring my body, the danger I feel rising up my spine.  

With gaped mouth, I watch ghostly shadows dance about.  Demons of my minds eye and figments of my worst fears.  The silver of my eyes is lost to the white and so one could not tell just where the other began, and perhaps that was eerie in itself.  And just when it couldn't get any worse, some thing steps from the shadows.  It is golden and horned and everything I am.  

Hello there, child

I stare up into the face of something less demonic and more familiar than anything I had ever laid eyes upon.  He speaks, like a god, and I am smittened.  What he asks though is a question I have no answer for.  Solace wasn't my mother, but I supposed it was the only answer I could give.  "Solace."  My voice has lost all its tremble that it is usually laced with, even when still the demons dance within the forests behind him.  I feel a sense of safety...But should I?

The wings at my sides, as useless as they may be, flutter in anticipation.

Kreed

@[bruise]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Can you See the Truth Behind a Curtain of Lies?[Bruise] - by Kreed - 11-24-2018, 05:26 PM