• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet; colby pony
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

She is already sick. One trip to the meadow, and that had been enough. She couldn’t expect much else, really. Her entire life she has been a walking disaster, a black hole that sucked in bad luck. She might be part of the problem; she knew the risk she took when she came to meadow, leaving the protection of Tephra. She looked for trouble, and she found it. 

It is just as well, she supposes. There was no use in quelling her wanderlust, in keeping herself confined to Tephra. As long as she didn’t interact with Skellig or Evenstar outside the borders, they would be safe. And truthfully, they are all she cares about. 

It is easy to see the blood against the stark white of her coat. It is bright and startling, when fresh droplets run from her nostrils and spray from her mouth with each heavy cough. Her lips are stained a blush pink, and with her hollowed sockets and too-thin frame, she looks every bit the beautiful disaster she is. Her mane falls in thick tangles along the arch of her slender neck, and when her forelock manages to shield her scarred face, it easy to see that at one point, she had been iconically beautiful — not in the tragic, ghostly way she is now. 

There is another nearby, and she can hear them along with her own rattled breathing. A ragged cough that sounds above the lullaby of the night, and she follows it. She comes alongside the younger girl, feels for her shoulder with her soft muzzle, and then she says gently, ”You shouldn’t be alone, in the cold.” Her statement is contradictory, as her own cough shakes her body and her skin shivers with fever, but Ryatah never has been very good at looking after herself first.

RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Eilidh]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet; colby pony - by Ryatah - 11-28-2018, 11:00 PM