• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There will be scars; Mystic Pleasure

We are at war. There will be scars.

Everything has changed, and yet nothing has changed.

He remains as devoted to the Chamber as ever. He still lives and dies for her, breathing in sync with her, his heart beating in time with hers (and beating only for her). But now, he had other memories too, and other powers he can employ to serve her. He doesn't quite understand what is happening in Beqanna; he doesn't have the necessary background to comprehend the full details of what it means for his kingdom to be allowed to have traits (and, indeed, to grant traits). All he knows is that he is different now. His mother is different now. Everything is different now.

Except the Chamber. She will always be there, always a willing mistress, always his lodestone, his guiding star. She is the constant, and no matter how the details may shift, no matter how his life may swirl around and settle in a mystery of a pattern, the Chamber will always be at the center of it.

He walks as he thinks. His strides are long, confident and precise. He walks with an easy grace brought on by strength; he walks without worry, without hurry, without fear. He walks absentmindedly, his thoughts drifting everywhere else, skipping around in time so thoroughly that he is almost entirely disjointed from here and now. He is so deep in thought he almost misses the mare. It's the heat of her that makes him pause. Even though he isn't focusing on it, he still detects her, her heat signature suddenly blazing bright in his awareness (does he see it? Does he feel it? He doesn't know). He's closer than he should be, close enough that she will have no doubt noticed him, but at least he hadn't bumped into her.

Around them in the air, tiny pockets of oxygen become superheated and burst with a tiny "pop". They flare for just a moment, like the world's smallest and least entertaining fireworks. He reins himself in quickly. This is no time for accidental theatrics.

"Sorry ma'am, I hope I didn't startle you." his voice is rich, deep, and pleasant. He stands almost military in his bearing, just shy of the rigidity one would expect from a cadet. It's force of habit, a holdover from some of his earliest fighting training, and it certainly hasn't seemed to hurt him so far. He looks at her with polite conversational curiosity. What would she think of him, in his current state? His coat is a dark wine red, offset by a mane of dark blue and dark green. The color combination is masculine, but it is still shockingly unlike anything that Beqanna typically has to offer. Not for the first time, he wonders if it will fade.

He offers her an easy smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Erebor."

Erebor

Native Prince of the Chamber

warship x straia

Mystic had her head down enjoying some lunch, she her mind was drifting away thinking of things, thinking of her past and her old life. Was that life ever going to go away or will it forever haunt her? Here she was at her prime muscled up which didnt look too attractive to some. She was strong and wasnt going to let the past get in the way of anything. She was happy now she was free she could do whatever she wanted. Away from the horrible chains and gates that used to corral her. Times have changed and things were changing. She was in control of everything, who she spoke to, where and when she slept and where to eat. It was glorious life out here besides living back there.

She was munching away, it was dark where she was, this whole place was dark but it comforted her, her roan pelt helped her stay hidden, Her mane was growing longer. Her forelock was almost long enough to cover her eyes and her mane came halfway down her neck. All you could see in the darkness was her bright blue eyes, they were like bright sapphires burning for someone to notice. Her ears twitched around hearing twigs and leaves moving. She snorted raising her head to see what was approaching her, she propped a hind leg up ready to strike if needed. Then out of no where shes bumped into, but what felt like a wall. she jumped backwards hoping who ever ran into her wasnt hurt. With a voice that wasnt like hers or the golden mare that found her in the fields.

As he spoke he spoke his name his name was Erebor, her eyes got big realizing he was the prince of the Chamber. She bowed her head to him in respect, Forgive me for being in your way. She looked concerned hoping he wasnt hurt, thats all she needed was to come to a new place and hurt someone else. She just wasnt having any luck. She snickered at him trying to lighten things up, almost turned into a straight up laugh but she held it in. She smiled, whats a prince like yourself doing tripping over his own feet? Hoping not to sound too forward. I am Mystic Pleasure, but you may call me Mystic for short. She had a soft and pleasant sound to her voice. She walked back towards him, forgive me for being startled when all alone most of the time your guard goes up. She wasnt used to being around Kings and Queen and Princes and Princess, to her they were ordinary just like her. They were just born this rank, some usually dont want the title where others do. So she didnt treat them any different then if some ordinary equine would come her way. She didnt mean disrespect, but she saw no difference between herself and them. But she knew in order to keep a secured home, she would stay out of trouble and do what was asked of her.

Excuse me for saying so Erebor, you seemed lost in thought is everything okay? She smiled He had to been thinking of something or him to bump into her. She eats loud enough you can hear her from a mile away. She went to put weight on her one leg, a sharp pain rolled up her leg. She must of hurt it when he ran into her, Oww! she said aloud, hoping he didnt hear her. She tried to see what was wrong with it but it was dark. But she smelled blood, she snorted she hated the smell of blood it brought back so many memories. She lifted her leg up to look at it. It looked like she had a deep cut on her front right leg. She tried to hide it she didnt want him to see it as a sign of weakness and push her out of the Chamber. She nickered softly
    fire burns brightest in the dark

She bows her head to him, and he is about to tell her not to stand on formalities, that it isn't necessary here, but she stops him just before he speaks when she laughs. He chuckles with her, and the chuckle grows into a genuine laugh when she asks him what he's doing tripping over his own feet. He likes her already. She introduces herself, and he nods along. "Mystic Pleasure." he tests the name on his tongue. It sounds strange to him, different from what he often hears around Beqanna, but he isn't about to ask – not yet. He doesn't pry; there will be time to ask her later, time to hear her history, after he's gotten to know her. "Mystic." his smile is small but earnest. "A pleasure to meet you indeed." he says again, repeating his earlier words. His voice is light with humor.

She speaks again, and he listens carefully, frowning slightly in thought. "There's no shame in being startled, and no need to apologize for it." He is a wary creature himself, although being startled is not his way. In fact, in his memory nothing has ever caused him to truly startle. He is shocked by things, and perhaps it might cause another horse to spook or shy away. But to Erebor, such things are simply part of life. Where others would spook, he stands his ground.

Perhaps that is why he has come through the quest as mentally and emotionally unscathed as he has. Considering what he's been through, if he can survive with just a little bit of pensiveness, he's doing quite well.

"And there's nothing at all wrong with being on guard. The Chamber is not without enemies." he explains, his deep voice calm. In his mind, wariness is a virtue. It's a necessity. It's a cloak of iron that you wear around you at all times, drawing close and keeping yourself safe. And it draws around the Chamber as well, enhanced by the watchful, wary eyes of every horse that calls the kingdom home.

She speaks again, commenting on how he's lost in thought, and he's momentarily taken aback. But before he can think of how to respond, he hears her move, and he hears the almost-silent exclamation of pain. He is a trained warrior, and his senses are almost impossibly keen. "You're hurt." he says, almost as an afterthought. He's already aware that it's probably his fault, and he grits his teeth at the knowledge. He hates to think that he could have caused anyone in the Chamber pain or injury. "I'm sorry Mystic, this is my fault for being careless." he gnashes his teeth, angry at himself. He might not hesitate to admit his faults, but that does not mean he is comfortable with them. And this is a new one – he should've been able to avoid this collision, but he wasn't.

He pauses then as an idea comes to him.

"I may be able to fix it." he speaks quickly, clearly thinking as he talks. "Stand very still, please." he asks her, but he hopes she'll take it as a command. Closing his eyes, he focuses in on the way the heat flows around Mystic's legs. He can feel the discrepancy where the puncture cuts into her flesh. He can see how the blood fans out around the wound. And perhaps most importantly, he can see that his plan will work.

Carefully, gently, he calls upon his power to superheat the air within the puncture. He doesn't know the name of the process, but he's observed it: where blood flows, burning can be effective to stop it. He can't do anything to heal the wound per se, but he can absolutely stop it from bleeding.

His task complete, he opens his eyes and looks to the mare once more. He is abashed, chagrined, and unhappy with himself, but he would never show any of it in front of a stranger. He barely shows emotion in front of his parents.

"Better?" he asks, his rich voice flat, hoping that he already knows the answer is yes. He's never tried to use his power for this before, but it only stands to reason it would work.  

erebor

heat manipulating lord of the chamber

warship x straia

Mystic's eyes got big when she saw him healing her with his powers, but he shouldnt of done that, it would of made him weak. After he was done she tested her leg. She was able to stand on it without pain. She smiled pressing her forehead against where his neck and his chin came together. Thank you Erebor for healing me. and please dont blame yourself you did nothing wrong okay? She whispered at him hoping to calm him down, cause he was clearly upset that he had injured her. If anything it was me tripping over my feet this time jumping back from you landing on me. She chuckled trying to lighten up the place. She wasnt sure if he heard it enough, but he was an amazing stallion, he really knows how to take care of someone. He had the heart of gold and it was hard to find anywhere.

Trying not to sound mushy but she always honest with who she was and always true to her words. Your a rare treasure you know that? hoping he doesnt get upset when she tells him that. She only meet him but already to showed him her life, who knew what would of happened to her if leg wouldnt of healed from being clumsy, he just said this place was full of danger. She stood by him. Care to join me? You can tell me whats been troubling you and i can tell you anything about me you want to know. Kinda to get to know each other? Hoping she hadnt over stepped our boundaries, He may be the prince of the chambers. But it made her wonder who took the time to actually sit and listen to him. Im sure he has troubles just like the rest of us.

She lowered her head to grab a piece of grass, offers him some. Care to stay for alittle bit? Looks at him with her sapphire blue eyes. It looks like you could use a break. It was the least she could do after what he did for her. He could of left her and went on with his business. She nickered softly