• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge - Castile
    His clearest memory of Castile is the most recent: the pair of them engaged in battle. Ivar still bears the mark of it, a flame-shaped marking on his left elbow and a bit of his barrel, dark scales that have never returned to their pristine white despite the years that have passed in the interim. Their last meeting before that had been as boys, just before his turning of Isobell. 

The kelpie blinks, unable to miss the familiarity of his lover’s face in the strong resemblance to her brother.

“Castile.” He says, nodding his head in greeting without making any effort to leave the warmth of the clear water in which he now stands belly-deep. The tide is continuing to rise; in a short while he’ll be beneath the water entirely if he doesn’t move. The piebald stallion appears to be in no hurry though, and shakes a bead of water from the golden tip of his sapphire ear.

“First Isobell and the children, now you. If Raul and Santana come back tomorrow, I’ll know for certain that the past is playing a trick on me.” That’s not to mention his brother and the dark-eyed girls that he suspect might be sisters that he has seen at dawn a few days ago. There are other residents on this island, other families that – like Ivar’s – had managed a life unbothered by the brotherhood. It is those that he needs to find, those that fill his head with far too many thoughts for comfort.

He snorts again, lowering and raising his head in quick successive movements, feeling the chattering pops of the sea foam against his now damp chin. “Did you ever find Sabra?” He asks mildly, suddenly recalling his Riverside run in with the pretty mare several springs ago. “She was looking for you, but that was…a while ago.” Despite the length of time that has passed since their last encounter, there is nothing in the kelpie’s mannerisms to suggest that he is anything but at ease with the sudden arrival of a dragon on his island.

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge - any - by Ivar - 11-20-2018, 08:37 PM