• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  raising the skate
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

The water tugs longingly at Jude’s body, grasping her mane with hands as aggressive as a lover’s. She is content there: encapsulated in this moment forever by her strength - mental polaroids taken to be remembered years down the line (What is it again? Nostalgia?). She swears to herself she will remember how strong she and those she surrounds herself with have been.

It is the welcome cascading of water that keeps the candy-pink woman from noticing her observer. So loud the crashing snowmelt is that the approach of another is near impossible to detect. How funny, for the woman does not mind attention (admirers, lovers, friends, ect. . .); if she had sensed him earlier, she certainly would have drawn him closer with a sweet drawl and the bat of an eye.

Alas, her skills will go unpracticed today, for the strangely marked stallion approaches her of his own will. Jude does detect him at the very last second, suddenly lifting her finely-curved head upward to stare at him as he begins to speak. An obvious cock of her head and a delighted (perhaps delightedly sly) smile are her immediate reactions. The sun radiates off of her almost-childish looking coat, glimmering like a treasure just an inch too far away to reach. Jude waits, languid and feline, relishing the silence (the power) as it hangs between them.

Vadar’s appearance is a bit of a mystery from where the pegasus planted herself; so, she walks onto the bank as if the river had parted itself for her.

Finally, she grins: “Ignorance, really. I’m well, and so are my children. Why not continue to take the risk?” It is the truth. Jude has no idea of the pain the plague can cause because she has yet to see it - and she is still so young (if she cannot sense it, is it really that terrible?).

Plague aside, the pink woman is fascinated by her new friend.

“I could ask the same of you!” she teases, stepping a few feet closer to study him better. “Though you certainly seem more . . . morose. I’m Jude, by the way - Peregrine Jude.” She smiles lazily at him, debating on asking about his markings: “I like the way you look.”

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[Vadar]

Messages In This Thread
    raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 11-20-2018, 08:28 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by Vadar - 11-25-2018, 12:49 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 11-30-2018, 01:54 AM
    RE: raising the skate - by Vadar - 12-09-2018, 12:07 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 12-15-2018, 02:05 AM
    RE: raising the skate - by Vadar - 12-22-2018, 11:15 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 01-07-2019, 01:34 AM