• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  raising the skate

Darling leave the light on for me
    I'll be there before you close the door

Peregrine Jude is pretty, whether she likes it or not. In the opposite way, Vadar is … weird, at best. They’re both familiar with being taken for face value, but in the end an old saying rang true. First impressions are everything, and by now it must’ve been impossible for Pink Peregrine to ignore the effect she had on others. Vadar understands how double-edged a first glance can be. He does. It’s just that he’s constantly fighting his effect while Jude seems busy embracing hers.

Not that he’s against her charms, clearly. He’s busy admiring the way her natural curls blend together, noticing a few strands tumble over her cheek before she says a quick word or two. Those curls were nicer than all the biting conversation in the world, and he could’ve stared longer if not for the way she grinned. Something about it made Vadar feel like he’d pushed her buttons unintentionally. “A bit too much confidence on my end,” he reasons, shifting a bit on the wet bank, “or misguided venom.”

Probably a bit of both, so he doesn’t test her limits (or his own) by crossing boundaries. The black stallion focuses around her bright, enticing shape - towards the slope of the riverbed - and waits to chuckle after Pergerine mentions having no competition. No sisters, no relatives, and what instantly perks his ears, no lucky bastard. “Should I be ashamed of myself?” He asks the pegasus mare, turning to focus on the pale outline of her lashes. If his nose stretched out to sweep those curls back, they might disappear.

“I’m just Vadar.” The dark horse says after a moment, breathing out an amused snort. “A nobody from nowhere, except -” He pauses, “- if lucky bastards get to be your friends. Then I’d like to be one of those.” Her companion admits, reaching out to bury his lips into a tumble of Jude’s thick, purple mane. Maybe not what she was expecting, still intensely satisfying to touch in his opinion. Worth getting blood drawn, if he’d misread the tone of things.

“You’re not a nomad though, are you?” Vadar pulls back, “I should’ve guessed. Only someone who’s finally gotten away from something could be as carefree as you looked.” He taunts, easing apart from her to meander closer to the water.

@[peregrine jude] I got so hung up on this reply, in a good way

Messages In This Thread
    raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 11-20-2018, 08:28 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by Vadar - 11-25-2018, 12:49 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 11-30-2018, 01:54 AM
    RE: raising the skate - by Vadar - 12-09-2018, 12:07 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 12-15-2018, 02:05 AM
    RE: raising the skate - by Vadar - 12-22-2018, 11:15 PM
    RE: raising the skate - by peregrine jude - 01-07-2019, 01:34 AM