• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep your dreams in check; Kensa, Any!
    Rouhi

The Grulla paint bounds after the mare at full pace with a giggle, waving his wings as he kept his balance over the changing terrain, the stallion is keen on visiting this new place, he has never heard of it but is intrigued by the sound of it. As they slow slightly the stallion looks around exotically, watching the types of trees and terrain change as they cantered forwards, the snow wasn't as present in these parts, or so it seemed. The Grulla paint looked up into the sky, watching the dark clouds pass behind them "It looks like we got out just in time" he intoned quietly, his legs still moving at a good pace, carrying his heavy frame with some discomfort, he snorted as he began to use his wings in order to ease his load. 

As they entered the area the stallion halted in an opening and stared at almost everything, pivoting his ears to listen to the new noises forming behind trees and over ridges, the stallion curiously scented the air and gathered information before turning back to the mare "Quite a peaceful place" he commented as trees began to creak, he could only hear birds as silence filled the expanse. The male looked at the mare with question "You mentioned a move to..." the stallion paused as he tried to remember the name mention, his eyes lifting as it clicked in his head "Silver core" he added with a smile before he continued "How many remain here?" he asked as he settled down, breathing deeply as he rested from the journey.

— Keep your dreams in check —

@[Kensa]

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Spring is coming to Hyaline even as the snow chases them home. Returning is always a pleasure and seeing someone else experience the majesty of her mountain home is a new joy altogether. She points out favorite features along the way, helping him learn the landmarks that can guide him to and from their destinations. She did not mean to pause in Hyaline but he stops in the foothills that overlook the lake and she obliges a moment to take in the view. It’s still as beautiful as ever, the blue lake drawing her eyes as her ear flicks towards Rouhi.

Peaceful, empty Hyaline. She is sad for her home, longs to see it as it was before all the sickness swept down upon them. “Yes, it is peaceful.” It was once also full of life and young bodies hurtling every which way. “There are not many left here now. Five or six that like me cannot bear to leave.” As sad as this makes her, there is a sound of fierce pride in her voice, in herself and the others who continue here in spite of the risks.

“Silver Cove is on the other side of the north eastern mountains.” She indicates them with a tip of her head. "We could also have passed through a land called Pangea, but to the best of my knowledge Hyaline is the safer route. If you are tired we can rest here...but you will not be safe from plague until we reach Silver Cove.” This last sentence she says very seriously, before waiting for his reply. If he wishes to remain she will introduce him to Litotes and Solace. Otherwise they will go straight on to Kagerus, Ilma, and the others in the cove.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.
    Rouhi

Rouhi gladly listens to her talk about her homeland as they walk with an increasing pace, he can't help but allow his eyes to wander around the landscape, taking in the beauty of it all as he stared at the rushing lake, his ears pivoting instantaneously to listen to the soft crashes of the twisting and creasing lake, his eyes taking in the sight. It was surely the most beautiful place he had been to, not that he had been to many but he was decidedly impressed by the landscape of these lands, he shot a smile as he looked back to the mare, resting his wings by his side as he listened to her happily.

Rouhi paused to think for a moment, there was the risk of catching the plague if he was to stay in the place Kensa had mentioned, but he could also help others which he was quite content on doing. The young male struggled to make a decision for a while before piercing the warming air with speech "I would like to stay here, I can help if any is needed" he smiled warmly as he lightly dipped his head, in his head his decision was final but his gut was still undecided, twisting slowly as he realised the true dangers of messing around with the plague, he wasn't even sure of its true devastation, with this decision the stallion stood up tall and shot another smile "I'm ready to keep going unless you would like to rest" he spoke quietly, the calling of the lake hushing his tone as he spoke, his eyes happily focused on Kensa as he awaited her speech.  

— Keep your dreams in check —

@[Kensa] OML I am so SO so sorry, I thought I had replied to this post but I obviously haven't I am literally so sorry for keeping you waiting this long! Next time if I take too long feel free to use a hammer to my head and remind me lol

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Rouhi wants to stay in Hyaline. This does not surprise her really, she is certain that her Hyaline is one thousand times lovelier than any other place in Beqanna. She gives him a smile, small and genuine and bobs her head once, a nod, confirmation that he is welcome here. “We would be happy to have you remain if that’s what you have decided. You should meet my… Meet Litotes.” She’s not sure what to call her counterpart, but her Topaz eyes light up especially when she decides to introduce the two stallions. Litotes will be glad to see someone wants to join them here, is brave enough to face the plague. “I’m not yet in need of rest, come, lets climb that rise there and see if we can see Litotes.”

She sets off at a trot, and lopes up the rise. Once there, she calls out for Lie in a calm way so that he would not be alarmed by the summons. He must be here someplace. She turns back to Rouhi then. “So, do you have any questions about Hyaline?” Kensa loves her home and could talk about it all day, but it seems better to engage the reborn stallion and see just what interests come to the forefront.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[litotes] come meet our new friend @[Rouhi]!

keep your dreams in check

His decision was most definitely final as they climbed the rise mentioned, Rouhi was intent on staying and helping out, he listened to the mare speak and readied an answer, although at this particular moment he did have one, he didn't have any questions at all, all was well explained as he was happy to have come here "No, thank you" he replied quietly as they continued to walk, now he was becoming more and more intrigued "Actually..." he opened the silence for a moment "Who are we meeting?" he asked softly, his head turned to the mare, slightly tilted in question as his tone softened.

The stallion didn't want to ask too many questions, he could do that another day, at first glance his unsure self simply wanted to know who they were going to meet and possibly why, he was just naturally curious and friendly in that regard.

Rouhi

@[Kensa] Sorry it's kinda short :/

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

Hyaline’s usual rounds are perpetual and comforting, the familiar smelling borders a blanket to Litotes’ usual invasive thoughts. The rise and falls of valleys come and go, wintery trees all blurring into one dark green blob. The patrols are uneventful, as per usual - what more can one expect with such a powerful plague running rampant?

Uneventful, indeed - Kensa’s scent on the wind entices him enough to draw away from his job. A stranger’s quickly follows, intermingling too closely with his counterparts for them to not to be traveling together. The Primarch’s call soon draws him from the scent (a calming beckon). The cremello heeds her gentle demand, cantering from the border in their vague direction.

Down a slope and then back up a rise: that familiar liver chestnut and a fresh grulla and white. Lie trots up in time to hear the other’s question, answering with a quick and genial “me.” He brushes his nose knowingly against Kensa’s neck and returns his attention back to the new arrival.

“My name is Litotes. Kensa and I rule here. Will you be joining us in the best land in Beqanna?”

All in good jest.

Litotes

@[Rouhi] @[Kensa]

keep your dreams in check

The grulla stallion watches the male curiously, his eyes meeting the stallion as he approached, his introduction contains a hint of humour, Rouhi extending his smile as he prepared to speak "It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Rouhi" the stallion gives his own introduction before lowering himself into a bow "I am glad to to be welcomed into such a grand territory" he returned the humerous gesture before raising himself once more "I hope I will be allowed to stay" his tone portrayed question as he settled himself, watching the scenery around them change every so slightly as a breeze entered the picture.

The stallion stood silent for a moment, silence was very much appreciated by him and he did not mind it so much; he almost bathed in it as he waited patiently for a reply, his eyes wandering around the other stallion's frame as he studied him.  

Rouhi

@[litotes] Sorry this is so short, I'm on holiday and my laptop is a bit rubbish and won't comply