• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whoops..?
    well hey there! if you've happened to read this or this and feel confused or curious, welcome to the low down.

soooo I'm insane (no wait, I'm lydia :|) and I may have brought back kora. I know, I know, cue heavy groan.

BUT. a little background (feel free to skip ahead to "here's where you come in" below if you'd like to bypass my ramblings) --

kora
    riagan [edmond x neraza] x rayelle [rhaego x kagerou]
    twin to rhy, full sister to leander
    genetic abilities: winter manipulation
    non-genetic abilities: liquification
    defects: astraphobia

so in utero, kora was getting zapped by rhy's electrokinesis on the regular and therefore she was born with a phobia of lightning/thunder which basically screwed up their chances to be a nice happy family, because kora could hardly stand to be around rhy. thus, when kora and rhy were about a year old, rayelle and riagan took kora away from Beqanna (reads: I went inactive) and left rhy behind.

rhy went on to join the jungle and started climbing the ranks. when kora returned to Beqanna (reads: I came back for a while), she tried to mend things between her and rhy, but she was still battling her phobia and the first reunion didn't go so well. kora then stumbled upon a quest which started to change the game for her, as she was granted winter manipulation. she started to learn to use and control her powers, which built her confidence, and eventually enabled her to at least contain her astraphobia and not let it rule her life.

by then, though, rhy had gone on her own quest to the afterlife, and - surprise, surprise - she saw their parents there. after all was said and done, she and kora found one another and had this bittersweet reunion where they could actually interact without kora freaking out, which was nice, but sad because rhy had to tell her that their parents had died while still outside of Beqanna.

the silver lining? rhy had also learned that they had a brother (leander) who had been born outside of Beqanna and was out there *somewhere*. rhy and kora planned to go find him, but kora sort of became a recluse in Icicle Isle (reads: I went inactive again) and a war broke out and things happened and rhy died. sad sad, I know.

so because I brought leander back, of course I had to justify in my mind what happened to kora. I figured she found out that rhy was dead and just gave up and liquified herself out of grief and became these water particles floating on the ocean forever and ever.

the end.

nice and neat and tidy, right? but okay, LISTEN PEOPLE, I never ACTUALLY meant to play it out :| but the fact that Icicle Isle CAME BACK was just TOO GOOD!!

so basically when Icicle Isle rose again, so did the kora-molecules, and as Fate would have it she was reformed and came across none other but leander (who had just failed the Icicle Isle quest and was conveniently laying in the snow like a big ol' floppy snowfish for her to find), and leander is super excited but also sad because rhy's dead.

and kora is just kinda like:
    :|
    about life.

also I feel like being liquified for so long has messed with her ability to feel or have real emotions. so she’s gonna be strange; kinda dissociative and reclusive and kinda not all that pleasant anymore. plus, more power-hungry because using hers will be the only outlet she really has now.

HERE'S WHERE YOU COME IN

because I suck at posting already, I don't plan on keeping kora around for very long. I basically wanted her to contribute to leander's character development, but I also figure, why not have a little fun with her while she's here, right?!

A) I want her to have a couple babies (which I will be looking for players for, *wink wink*), because she’ll be like “meh I might as well try it out?” but I would like to have potential bachelors meet IC and make sense, but love on kora’s end is off the table. however I’m so down if any of you crave a one–sided love affair for your studlies Tongue
    B) I would like for her to have opportunity to use (or misuse) her powers. so causing general havoc or accidental injury/death or trying to be helpful, whatever. I’m up for anything!
    C) I’m open to plotting for her eventual death, so hit me up with those too if you have any cool ideas (murder, suicide, capture, disappearance... you get the drift.)

anyhow, this was just a very very very long way to say plot with meeeee <3333

Omggggg I adore kora! I would definitely love to throw any of my ponies at her. I do have several bachelor's Wink hurricane knew rhy so that could be interesting? Ooorrr Jinn if she wants to break a poor sad heart :| Heartfire is always good for drama too >: )
    Lydia. I need a Kora baby. Or any Kag-descendant baby really, but. :|ily and I love Kagerou's family and Quark misses them and I would play the shittttt out of a baby from a Raye-baby. Love me.
    I have no idea how to contribute to this but I will throw any pony of mine at one of your ponies if something jumps out at you. <3
    I’m so glad you posted that little explanation in Leander’s post, oml lol

Alright so, if Kora is basically winter and she and Leander are still in Icicle Isle, she may meet with Leilan and Eurwen (either, or both, or even at the same time) if you like? I love ice and winter magics (though I must say Eurwen doesn’t have any but she’s still a tiny baby so who knows what life may bring) <3

Furthermore I don’t have Kagerou relatives, I only have the next best thing which is Ilma who’s a friend of the family, since they almost all lived in Hyaline. And uhm, she’s female, so no reproduction with Kora, XD.
    And she is less inclined to go to Icicle Isle (if at all) so either we need to pick somewhere else or maybe she could meet Leander (first, instead, idk).
    I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE KORA BACK!

She's amazing :|

Now I'm sad I kicked Lucrezia to the beach to die... they could have met! :| :| :|

Oh well! As for havoc, Sinner is happy to cause trouble with Kora or somehow pressure her maybe? Idk? Maybe kill her too! I could see him doing that lol
    currently playing
    Astrophel | Divest | Falter

y’all I am so excited about all of this, so yayyyy <333

@[insane] oh man, considering I am a Hurricane stalker I would love for them to meet, I think it could be super interesting with him having known Rhy and can totally see him being a baby daddy. And also yes she wants to meet Heartfire and get into trouble with her - I feel like they could be a perfect pairing to stir shyte up :| I will DM you on Discord about this!

@[SamShine] & @[Nev] ily both <333 Sam, I will see what pans out baby daddy-wise first and then from there find a way for you to get your Raye-baby Big Grin

@[Vanilla Custard] omg I know, her post was just sliiiightly abstract lol. I would LOVE to have her meet Leilan, I have been wanting to post with him for eons now so that would be fantastic. Plus, fun fact, when she was a filly her and Noori were best friends and did their quest together too, so I think that adds a super fun twist for their meeting! I will DM you on Discord <333

@[Shelbi] eeeee thanks girl! ugh give me all the shelbi ponies, I’ve missed posting with you. Let’s definitely do something with her and Sinner, I think they would have some intriguing interactions that could potentially lead to contributing to her end >:]  mwahahaha. I’ll DM you on Discord!

Keep the good ideas coming folks, I’m pumped Big Grin