• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; kharon
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

Dad pulled him in for a hug and it felt good, eased him just a little as if Dad could make everything right again like when he'd kiss away his scraped knees and bruises. His eyes watered and he pressed in against him harder, feeling the firm metal against his cheek. It would be so nice if Dad could just call her name and she'd be there, right where she's always been. Mom was so plain and brown and quiet. He didn't realize how much her silence would hurt him, her absence.

His chest shook quietly with subtle sobs as Dad whispered promises to him that she'd be okay, she had to be, they'd find her and she'd be okay. It felt like such an impossible thing, so huge and painful. HOW? How could they find her? How could she be okay? He couldn't hear her! She was dead, she had to be. He couldn't find a shred of hope left in him, but Dad was adamant, he needed her to be okay too, so Kharon nodded and wiped his tears away.

Okay. They'd look for her. They might find her dead body instead, but they'd look for her. And then they'd find some kind of a magician to bring her back to life. They could do that, sure. Okay.

He nodded again and sniffed. She um.. I think she was talking to Tiphon. But they'd just seen him so maybe that was another time. Or um. Fuck! I don't know. How can he not know?? He should've realized when she went quiet. He should've noticed immediately, could have found her by now before something bad happened to her.

He shook his head. He had nothing. He wasn't helpful.
    Where do we look?? I can't remember, I didn't notice right away..

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; kharon - by Kharon - 12-09-2018, 11:58 AM