• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

abashed the devil stood, and felt how awful goodness is; any
    Momma got real mad this time. abashed still wasn’t sure what it was she did, but it musta been pretty bad, ‘cause Momma didn’t wanna see her goddamn face for the rest of the day. At least when she got home Momma would be all cuddly and fuss over her and tell her she was sorry she yelled, that part would be nice. That part was maybe her favorite. For now though, she had to go real far away so Momma wouldn’t accidentally see her.

abashed wasn’t quite sure how she’d gotten um wherever it was she ended up, but she did a good job of going away, she guessed. She didn’t know this part of the world at ALL. It looked so different, and kinda scary too. She didn’t recognize the stony canyon walls, red and yellow rock carved into sharp cliff faces that didn’t feel like they belonged. They felt dark and sick and not-right, but maybe that was where she should be, in the place that didn’t quite belong. So she bit her lip and padded a little reluctantly into the scary land that was not home, head ducked and shoulders hunched, soft eyes glancing around.

“Hello?” she asked, her voice tiny and scared and tinged with a hint of sadness that seemed impossible to chase all the way away. This place was too, too scary, and she shrank smaller, letting her body turn to stealthy baby kitty shape instead, with sharp claws and sharp teeth. The dark black of her coat mottled with grey as she shifted, showing ghosts of spots on her little panther hide, and her soft blue eyes gleamed in the slowly encroaching darkness with hints of reflected light.

“Is anybody there? I think maybe I’m lost.”

@[The Plague]
    @[abashed] has been infected by the plague for visiting Pangea.
    She will show symptoms (rolled a 4).
    She will express a trait (rolled a 3).

Children are things that have no mind of the horrors beneath the sea, creatures of unadulterated wonder and innocence. Children, in some way, have always been a parasite to her: a weakness that burrowed well beneath hairless skin and brittle ribcage- the rotting organs and all the visceral offal turned to rancor and fetish mess. The blackened and cancerous heart pulses and beats; but Yidhra can already feel the worms and maggots- the spiteful larvae eating away at what remained.

Abashed is young, and feels strange: watching and studying- walking through tree and brush: writhing each tendril as if she sought to grab and stick to all and cavernous rock. It cries out, speaks and she recognizes parts of the child in a way that are similar to Carnage… to her father.

“You are most certainly lost.” she purrs, waterlogged lungs heaving and her dead eyes following the child’s movements.

Yidhra is tall, but not monstrous, a creature of dark blue and black flesh varnished and spattered by grey and white: hairless and wet. Where her man and tail should be tentacles writhe and stretch: long and barbed with hooks and sucker cups alike. They touch the ground, even on her neck where the mane should be, and those on her shoulders reach out to brush away the forelock mass and reveal the teal eyes with orange flecks and barbell shaped irises. Her face lacks a nose and there is instead a conal mass of more tendrils, but rather than expose her beak: she hides it. 

Graceful in every step she watches: blinking and stopping some feet away as she slithers from corners and shadows: as she exists in a manner that should not be. To the girl she feels a pulse: a resonance like her own, something in the blood calls to her and she watched Abashed.

“Stumbling into Pangea now? Or perhaps you have always been; but, such a terrible fate. Sickness lives here, infection and terrible danger. I am Yee tho rah (Yidhra), the Archon of Pangea and a member of the Eastern Council. Do you know where you came from, my darling?” she is keen to speaks in polite ways, to lack malice and project only inquisitive politeness.

Yidhra

@[abashed]
    The person who answered her call was strange, unlike anything or anyone abashed had seen before. Her soft blue eyes widened, and she might have been more frightened if it weren’t for her own strange feline nature, or her friendship with negan of the forked tongue and scales. As far as abashed knew, people came in lots of different shapes, so even one who featured tentacles so prominently wasn’t inherently scary. Not really, at least.

“Pangea?” she asked, shrinking in on herself a little. That did not sound like a place near the island, certainly not one she’d ever heard of before. “Oh, that sounds far away. I’m from an island, one with um, a beach, and there’s these funny little caves that aren’t made of stone? I didn’t mean to go so far, I don’t really know how I got here, just Momma told me to go away so I went...here, I guess.”

She frowned and looked around. “I don’t think home is close to here, ‘cause it doesn’t look anything like this at all. What’s Archon mean? And the Eastern Council?” Oh she was talking too much! She ducked her head and cringed, shrinking in on herself, waiting for Yee tho rah to yell at her like Momma always did when she ran her mouth. “Sorry, I’ll be quiet,” she murmured, daring to sneak a glance up at the tentacled lady. “My name’s abashed. It’s nice to meet you.”