• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like the dawn, you broke the dark - valdis
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

The wings. The steady rhythm of wingbeats spurs Valdis’ memory into gear. A shudder cartwheels down the length of her spine as she realizes who it is looming above like a cloud. Even as a young adult, the girl isn’t immune to the shame that wracks her when she has disobeyed orders. Her jaws clench as she counts the bellowing flaps until they’ve stopped. The pause scratches against her nerves. With her eyes cast down, Valdis waits until mother’s footsteps, then voice, breaks the silence.

”Mom,” she whispers, fighting back the cough that wants to rattle her bones and betray her health. When she saw Solace last, it was when their world was shrouded by a sheet of white now. It blocked most of their vision, but they didn’t even join together for the quest at hand. Mother had Kagerus – that’s what mattered, really – and Valdis had the goofy boy, Santana. Obviously, they all survived the ordeal, but they’ve been left with residual frost coating parts of their bodies. A small reminder of their suffering. Valdis shivers when she remembers how the ocean waves – awfully frigid as they were – threatened to drag her beneath the surface and drown her. Without wings and without her fire, she was helpless.

Without mother, she was lost.

Never below affection, Valdis folds herself into Solace’s open embrace and glides her muzzle along the familiar edges of her shoulder. ”How are you?” Are you avoiding the plague, is what she really means but doesn’t specify in fear that Solace would remember where Valdis said she would be. The Cove was to be her retreat, but instead the girl found her way to the meadow. Instead, she found herself in the company of a hellhound being lured to Sylva. But, of course, Valdis doesn’t admit to all this. She purses her lips tightly into a thin line and takes a step back. Her blue eyes drink in the sight of her mother, reading the concern on her face, but she doesn’t mention it. A breath is slowly exhaled, groping for anything to say, any sort of diversion. ”You look pretty with frost in your hair.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - valdis - by Valdis - 12-03-2018, 09:56 PM