• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    my thoughts wrapped around you - Leilan
    Chryseis' arrival on the island had felt as close to a heavens sent gift as she could imagine.  It had been wonderful to catch up with her step-daughter, and she'd been relieved to witness for herself that she was very much alive and okay in all of Beqanna's chaos.  But they would have to get her healed up sooner than later, the poor girl was probably suffering more than she let on.  She disguised her illness relatively well though, unperturbed even when Breckin had asked if she might be up for watching the twins for a bit that day.  In fact, she had seemed rather excited, and the girls were equally excited to spend some time away from their mother and more time with their older sibling.  There was a bit of worry that remained as the leopard woman had left the trio to their own devices, but that was to be expected; she would probably always worry for all of them until her dying breath.

It proved to be slightly difficult finding him, perhaps her tracking skills had gone soft and lax while she'd been preoccupied raising the girls.  Eventually, she came across him near a spring, not bothering to try to mask her approach as the obvious crunch underfoot marked her approach.  He might give her a questioning look when he noticed that their daughters were not with her, but hopefully, the relaxed expression on her face would ease his mind, reading that she was not frantic because they had gone missing.  Breckin wouldn't be gone long from them at least anyway, she couldn't stay away from them for long even if she had rather liked to try.  But she and Leilan both could use a break from the new routine of their life, and she hoped that today he would humor her enough to spend some private time alongside her.

She tried not to, but a stupid half grin had already begun to twitch at the corner of her dark lips the closer she had stepped towards him.  Already she was entirely too amused with herself when she stilled beside the broad side of his scaled body, though not directly touching, easily recalling with her gift the day and the first words he had spoken to her so many years ago in the Forest.  

"Excuse me, but would you mind to share your body heat?  It's awfully cold out here."

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    It takes him a heartbeat longer than average to notice - she's alone. He'd frown but, she's obviously not concerned, and having learned that Chryseis was here as well as smelling Heartfire around again, he figures perhaps she's found herself a babysitter. What for, he wasn't quite sure, since if she'd just wanted a break all she had to do was ask.

Hmm, or maybe she just didn't want him to babysit. Seeing as how Oisín behaved, that was a possibility... hmm. Hmm hmm. Still suspicious.

Especially when she starts grinning like a half-mad idiot. He's about to ask what she found to eat, clearly it would be some kind of mushroom like the ones Andulvar and Kori once had had... or some other plants he knows to exist... either way, she seems a bit too enthusiastic, and so he narrows his eyes at her when she places herself next to him. He almost absent-mindedly moves his multicoloured tail towards hers, the subconscious longing to touch, claim, hold her, simply not-quite-enough suppressed. He doesn't have to wait long for the words to come, though: turns out she was just waiting to crack a joke at him.

His emotions run from suspicious to amused back to suspicion in a mere heartbeat (surely she could do better than that?) but in the end, he shakes his neck and sidesteps just a tiny bit to taunt her with her own game. "Actually milady, but I do mind. Don't you know such beauty demands the attention of every heat source in sight?" He tosses his head up, looking down at her with a hint of green and an unmistakable mischievous glance in his eyes, yet posing as offended and haughty as he can without having to break it for a burst of laughter. He's not quite sure how long exactly he could keep it up though - probably not as long as she did back then.

He might have continued it if he hadn't been wondering what else she was up to, today. It's rather new for her to throw his own (very bad) lines at him. He could simply ask, but instead tugs her mane, leaving one hot breath on her neck before retreating. "That must have been one of my worst pick-up lines. How ever did that work," he grins at her, ready to taunt some more. "Perhaps you just have... really low standards?" He tilts his head. Of course, that means he's not worth that much himself, in terms of good boyfriend or husband material, but hey, he never said he was. Or would be. Though he guesses time changes a person - time, death, and having children of one's own.

Children then - there's that one question he doesn't yet want to ask, not sure if he wants to break up teasing her just yet. Surely they'd have to become somewhat-serious parents again if he did. So as long as she doesn't seem willing to talk about babysitting and the terrible ideas of how to ever judge if the girls are strong enough to cross the cold oceans towards Nerine... well, maybe just avoid the subject for a while? Take a walk, forget the world, that kind of thing?

He sure as hell knows he's been downgraded from that first-priority spot (or was he always second to Nerine?) in favour of a certain pair of growing fillies... and they should come first... but still. Best take all the time she has right now.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

There's a good chance that that same incredulous look he initially gives her is the same one he had been met with in the Forest so long ago. Minding the laugh that threatens to rise, she painfully bites down on her tongue to choke down the urge.  At least to snuff it temporarily, there wouldn't be any holding it back for forever.  Oh, she forgot to add the wink too that had accompanied that interesting pick-up line of his.  Quickly she remedies it, overexaggerating a wink in the most ridiculous way she would manage, still choking on the relentless laugh still growing within her.

But his response is better than she could have imagined, he pulled off her faux-haughtiness and snobby attitude rather beautifully.  Perhaps daresay, even better than she had done initially.  The absurdity of it breaks the seal, and she can't stop the laugh from finally erupting past her lips.

"It didn't" she says breathily between fits of laughter, forcing herself to begrudgingly rein it in"at first."  Recalling that she had walked away from him that day in favor of returning to Nerine.  Feeling as though her standards were plenty high--thank-you very much--she bypassed his quip to continue onward.  He may not feel as though he held much worth, but she would argue that sentiment until all of Beqanna would fall into Heaven or Hell if she had chosen to indulge his comment.  Likewise, she would wonder what could possibly have spurred his interest enough to want to make her his own.  But that topic would likely set the groundwork for a heavier subject discussion, and she was much too enjoying this lightheartedness to chance it.  "It's just a good thing you're great at being adorably irritating and handsome."

Now that the laughter had finally passed, her lips twist from something mischievous to something much more suggestive.  Pressing into the distance between them, she ran her muzzle beneath his gilded mane, following the broad arch of his neck from his poll to shoulder.  "Now if you remember correctly, this is the part where I would apologize for interrupting you and offer to give you all of my attention to make up for it.  But there are a couple problems with that. Firstly, I'm going to give you all of my attention today whether you like it or not, and secondly," she pauses to sharply graze her teeth over the point of his shoulder for emphasis, "I'm not sorry about it."

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He doesn’t think his haughty pose is very good but, he doesn’t think he is very good at anything in general (except courting girls when he’s set his mind to it). Except making her laugh. He’s good at that, at least.

He grins at her, though he fakes shock when she tells him it didn’t work. ”Really? And there’s me thinking I made up for it rather well.” Fully well knowing she walked away that day, but, she went to join Nerine, like he had actually suggested. Ah well. Perhaps he had come off too obnoxious.

She continues with saying he was too good at being adorably irritating and handsome, which earns her a questioning look in return. ”Right. Very adorable.” he says, quite a bit offended, and showing her his teeth instead with a wide grin, ”Perhaps you need a reminder?” He’s not exactly joking - sure as hell remembers where their girls came from - and noses her mane, places a small nip on her neck while she fusses with his own.

A sudden scrape of teeth over his shoulder follows her words, and his own pointed elamel finds it’s way to her withers rather quickly - reflective - in response. ”Perhaps I can settle with your attention without an apology.”[b] he muses, [b]”So, what did you have in mind? I’m not gonna teach you all my pick-up lines, if that’s what you were aiming for.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |