• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i've been running with the wolves, corban/any

i've been running through the jungle, i've been running with the wolves to get to you

Brink’s mother is... not a very good mother, if we’re being honest. 

Anabel tries, but let’s face it: the telepathic shapeshifter was never meant for anything other than being her elder brother’s plaything, and though Brink may not know what their relationship means, she knows that her mother is basically useless and the only thing she has provided her child thus far is nourishment. She doesn’t love her daughter—at least, she doesn’t act like it, and Brink has seen the way she treats her twin. That is love. It is a weird, convoluted, not-quite-okay kind of love, but Dayne gets more attention than little Brink ever will, and so she leaves her mother. 

She has no knowledge of the plague that has swept across the lands, though technically she has spent her entire life outside of the so-called safe lands. She doesn’t know if the Playground is safe, or if it is plague-stricken, and honestly, the thought of a place called the Playground being unsafe never even crosses the child’s mind. All she knows is that she is lonely and in desperate need of some kind of love, even if it is just the unconditional love that is radiated by children. She is but a child, after all. 

The little dingo-girl races across the meadow in leaps and bounds, her short puppy legs flailing in a million different directions as she runs. As all puppies tend to do, she spends a lot of time tumbling through the grass as her motor skills aren’t quite the greatest yet, but she doesn’t let the spills slow her down any. She has escaped her crazy mother and her mother’s weird twin, and that’s all she cares about for now. She must be a sight to all of the more “normal” foals that don’t shift like she does, but the fairies wouldn’t have let her in if she wasn’t a real foal. 

A real foal. Imagine that. Just stuck in a little dingo-dog body.

Brink

@Corban
    What Is A Man With No Honor

Corban had not seen his mother since he was just barely a week old, she left him with his older sister. Mary was great an all, but she did not give love and barely any guidance, she let him do as he pleases. Was that normal? Don't most parents keep there foals close by? I guess he couldn't complain much, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

He just wanted to have fun, he wanted to meet as many foals as possible since he was the only foal in Sylva. He went to the Pampas and met Dagen and Bazen, both of them were fun! And he can not wait to meet up with them again, but it never hurt to expand your friendship circle.

He headed towards the playground, it was not safe from the plague, but Mary always told him to not live life in fear. He listened to her and ventured out, the energetic green and white colt galloped through the playground. There was plenty of foals around, but they were all with another and he did not want to interrupt there conversations.

He was more on the shy side, most foals would probably interupt, but the lack of social interaction with equines his own age has forced him to be reserved around them. Instead he just galloped around, he was used to playing by himself, so this was just a change of scenery for him.

As he was running around he did not pay attention to his surroundings, and before he knows it a dog ran into his view? He wasn't sure exactly what it was, but it looked similar to Sinner, they had to be a canine, was it an equine? Or an actual canine? This could end badly, there courses were about to cross and Corban slid to a halt, his heart pounding within his chest.

Hey! he yelled out, mainly as a test to see if this was one of those shifting equines, or if this was a predator he needed to run away from. He side stepped a few paces away from the dog, his gaze locked on it, deciding if he should make a run for it, or wait to see if they reply.

[corban]

@[Brink]

i've been running through the jungle, i've been running with the wolves to get to you

She has no regrets about leaving her mother, as she knows that Anabel will secretly be relieved to see the girl go. Who needs parents, anyways? She’s old enough to wean herself off of her mother’s milk—grass and other shrubbery tastes so much better anyways!—and she wants to have an adventure, not just live in her mother’s shadow, never really existing other than when it’s convenient for her dam to tell someone she has a child. Now, she belongs to no one except for Beqanna herself, whatever that means. For now, she’s just gonna keep having fun.

Brink really isn’t paying attention to where she’s going at the moment, and so when a random child’s voice screams “HEY!” in her direction, she falls flat on her face. Whimpering with pain, she sits up, swiping a paw across her bruised ego and looking around to see who had yelled at her. Her eyes land on a green and white colt that is watching her warily. She brings herself to all fours and releases the magic holding her to her current shape, forcing herself back into her normal—and less furry—body. Clearly, she had startled him.

“I’m sorry!” she exclaims, flicking a short, shimmery blonde tail over her haunches. “I didn’t mean to frighten you!” She cocks her head and grins goofily at him, hoping he’ll forgive her for giving him such a fright. “My mum and uncle are both shifters so I like to play in my other form!”

She trots closer to him, hoping he doesn’t shy away or, worse, turn and run for the hills. “My name’s Brink!” she tells him, smiling broadly. “Do you want to play tag or something? I’m not ever leaving this place, there’s so much room to run around and play!”

Brink

@Corban
    He yells out and the canine falls straight on its face, apparently the sound of his voice took her by suprise just as much as her presence did him. A small giggle passes his lips as the canine wipes its paws over its face, removing any debris the fall gathered.

The canine stood up and before his very eyes she shifts into a palomino tovero woah he thinks to himself. He has heard of these shifters, and has seen Sinner, but he has never seen a shift before his very eyes.

She breaks the silence, apologizing for startling him, even giving the extra detail that her mom and uncle are shifters as well. He laughs once again and treads closer to her That's ok! My king is a shifter, I just....didn't know if you were a shifter or a real...well what are you exactly? He could tell she was a canine of some sort, but what kind? That he could not decipher.

She moves closer, this time closing the gap between them. She introduces herself as Brink, and asks if he wanted to play tag. She notes that she is never leaving the playground and once again a chuckle leaves his maw. She talked a lot, about a lot of different things, but it was a nice change from the silence in Sylva.

My name is Corban! he introduces himself. A grin tugs at his lips and he tactfully extends his maw nudging her shoulder and bolting off, he loops back around circling her before slowing to a halt. Why would you want to live here? He didn't understand, did she not have a kingdom of her own to call home?

@[Brink]