• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the cold light of day we're a flame in the wind [litotes]

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

Eyes void of interest carelessly pass over Litotes. He blinks, cocking his head imperceptibly to the right - not offended but . . . almost bitterly curious. Truly, he does not entirely mind being ignored, but it will be terribly awkward if he has to turn and slowly walk away.

Perhaps he should stop thinking.

Dawn does reply, offering an answer so terribly honest that the cremello has to resist taking a step back. He gulps, correcting that almost misstep with a shift of muscles and subtle shake of his head. Litotes knows a thing or two about not being okay, but in this moment cannot think of what he wishes someone had said to him in those times of strife. The sun reflects off the water, turning his already golden gaze into molten lava, choked panic suddenly illuminated. Salt water sprays into his partially open mouth, forcing him from his reverie (and, luckily, shutting his mouth).

I’m certainly making her feel better.

Waves crash endlessly into the shore, gently pressing their warm embrace around Lie’s long legs as he steps closer to Dawn. He draws just close enough to speak barely above a murmur and still be heard, now parallel to her (casting his gaze into the horizon as openly as possible, offering whatever solidarity to her fight against her pain he could).

“You know, I asked that question expecting a half-hearted ‘I’m fine.’ I admire that unabashed honesty; it’s certainly a sign of strength.” The gaze he casts for just a mere moment is kind, his smile sincere and hesitant.

“I’m a perfect stranger, but if you need to rant I promise I won’t tell.”

Litotes

@[Dawn] hi i'm so sorry this took me so long i started way too many threads

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in the cold light of day we're a flame in the wind [litotes] - by litotes - 01-14-2019, 10:09 PM