• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I can't get you off my mind; FAERIES
    The trek to the Mountain had not been easy. It had taken him weeks to find his way there. There had been too many days where he had not been able to move from the fear that his sister would find him. But always, always his love for the two men that had saved him would flash in his mind and he would move on again. The thought of either of them dying because he had not been able to do anything more than heal the simplest of their disease had torn his heart asunder. Unable and unwilling to stand it any longer he had lovingly pressed his lips to their necks (pressing what lukewarm healing magic he could into their blood), slipping away under the cover of night and fever induced dreams.

He had worried of course, that they would be unable to care for each other with as sick as they were, but it was clear to him that they were well loved enough by others that it shouldn’t be a worry. 

Nights had been the worse, when his fears would almost take control of him, leaving his heart beating so rapidly in his chest he thought it might explode from its tether behind his rib cage. When every bad thing he had ever thought of would come raging rampantly through his mind. Oh but he wanted to cower, to hide, to run away from this personal quest. He wanted to return home to where they were so they could cuddle and fuss and generally make him feel better. He didn’t want this fear, this absolute terror, any more. 

He would take step and then another just to prove he could. He would push the fear back, making his limbs obey him and before he knew it he was walking. Sometimes he would run, letting the fear push him into a quick gallop across the unfamiliar terrain. He would get turned around and have to backtrack at night on those nights when he couldn’t sleep, when he couldn’t see the giant mountain before him. 

And so his path took him closer and closer until he finally stood at the bottom of it.

There was a worn path there, one trod by hooves of others before him. It was not easy, there were spots that he thought for sure he was going to fall right down the side of it. Spots where all he could do was stand there until the fear in his heart subsided and he could move again. There were spots his hooves slid more than once and he had barely managed to keep his balance. His stomach was a mess of knots, anxiety and turmoil, of fear. But when he finally crested the top, when he could see where others had stood before him, offering their offerings to the fairies to get the trait that they desired, well he just stood there, catching his breath. 

It takes him longer than it should but he steps closer, and then takes another long moment to take a long look around. Fear thumped in his heart, pounding against his chest again, but he stepped forwards to speak. “Uhm, excuse me..” His voice is soft, almost breaks but he tries again, louder, putting more force behind his words. “Excuse me fairies?”

When there is no immediate answer he continues. “I was wondering if, I could maybe exchange something for unlimited healing. My friends are sick and I don’t want them to die. I just want to help them but I can’t. My limited healing doesn’t do very much. So I was hoping, really hoping that you would let me change it? Please?” His heart in his eyes as he finally battles through that fear until it was no longer there. Just the love and worry for his friends. 

(Anani wishes to expand on his healing power to make it a normal healing power instead of the limited.)
    Anani has received a roll of 3, and will not be granted a quest this time around.

He will fall asleep on the mountain and dream - perhaps of the quests the fae are already offering, as a way for everyone to help with the plague. When he wakes, he will be at the bottom of the mountain again.