• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hunt or be hunted; magnus, any
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

Despite being on the outskirts for so long, the rituals of the kingdom life were far too ingrained into her to be simply forgotten. A vast majority of her life had been spent doing the tasks that many found to be tedious and uninteresting — kingdom visits, recruiting, greeting newcomers that breached the borders. She isn’t sure if she was necessarily actually good at those things, or if perhaps she had always lived in lands surrounded by others that simply lacked the innate ability to be diplomatic, and therefore had that role thrust onto her.

She was skilled at keeping wars at bay, but she could win them if she had to.

Tephra is different, and even though she knows Magnus is a good leader on all accounts — in diplomacy as well as war — it is her nature to respond to the howl that rang forth. It was an eerie call; not entirely canine, but still beckoning. With Evenstar being safely entertained by another foal, the pale white mare follows the lingering echo of the sound. Her steps are surprisingly deft despite the hollowed sockets on either side of her face, though unsurprising since she had lived in the dark for more than hundred years. The lengthy strands of her mane and forelock do a fairly good job of shielding the sight from those she speaks with, and if it weren’t for the plague that has wreaked havoc on her body — lips blush-pink from the blood that stained, her svelte curves caving to bone in some places, and the distinct rattle of her lungs when she breathed — she was almost still the same ethereally beautiful creature she had been so long ago.

She feels the stranger as she comes closer, nostrils fluttering as they detect his unique scent. She doesn’t know him, but then, she knows so few of them. She is but a ghost from the past, someone that death refused to keep, and she has lived so many lifetimes that she is now lost in a strange generation that is entirely foreign to her. ”Hello,” The greeting is civil, adopting her usual pleasant tone she had especially for politics. ”I’m Ryatah. I’m sure Magnus will be along shortly,” Her lips lift in a knowing smile, a curious tilt of her delicate head as she inquires, ”What brings you to Tephra?”

RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Sinner - 12-12-2018, 11:36 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Ryatah - 12-14-2018, 12:26 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by magnus - 12-15-2018, 07:42 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Sinner - 12-23-2018, 01:12 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Ryatah - 12-25-2018, 03:43 AM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by magnus - 12-29-2018, 01:22 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Sinner - 01-03-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by magnus - 01-12-2019, 03:35 PM