• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New gods, we are young Volcanoes
    The pale skin of his nose wrinkled gently at her comment, grinning ruefully once he'd settled back into ther skin he'd been born in. "Painful trick." He corrected mildly, feeling his joints pop back into place, his skin return to its accustomed shape. Already the transition was easier, but he had to wonder if it would always hurt. 

As he speaks he worries that perhaps he had it all wrong, that he'd be making a fool of himself for no reason. He can see it though, when the last words leave his lips, the recognition in her face. With a jubilant laugh, the blue sheened youth threw his head back and flared his wings partway open. "I knew it! I knew it. You're my sister! I have a sister! Wait 'til Raul finds out, he's going to lose his shit!" He crowed like an anxious rooster, elated with the news. 

Still giddy, he reeled himself in enough to listen as she elaborated on her own branch of the family tree. The parallels were fascinating, even more so the thrill at discovering a new brother as well. His family had doubled in the course of a five minute conversation. He snorted in amusement at their commonalities, and with a vague inkling of how they'd come to be. The dawning sobered him somewhat, draping Valdis in a different light. 

"I don't think my mama knows about you and your brother. Or any other kids he's probably had... I dunno how she'll take it." For a brief second he considered not telling his mother, but it was a notion quickly dismissed. He'd never felt a need to lie to his mother, that wasn't changing now. "She'll probably like you though, once she gets over the shock. She's nice. What's your mom like?" 

His easy smile returned, waiting to see if she'd be as happy to have him as a brother as he felt to have her as a sister. It was still incredible to him. He'd gone his whole life not knowing he'd had a sister somewhere in the world. It was a gift he hadn't been expecting to find on the mountain. 

@[Valdis]

Messages In This Thread
    New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-13-2018, 05:00 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-27-2018, 08:12 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 03:11 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 01-02-2019, 11:24 PM