• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the evening pulls the sun down - Lea
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

The world spins past around them, and while the sensation is familiar for Errant, he does wonder how it will be for Lea. Perhaps she might not feel it at all; he is never sure with magic.

“Oh look,” he says, feigning surprise as the Tundra appears around them and the Dale fades away. He glances back at Lea, well aware that she knows he is entirely responsible for their sudden shift in location. It is cool here, even though it is summer, but the land around them is green and there is a plethora of wildflowers dotting the hillsides.

He steps away from her, toward the crest of the hill they stand beside, and gestures for Lea to follow. “This is new, since you were here last.” He says, gesturing with his black muzzle toward the dip in the Valley where the Tundra had revealed a secret. They had the cave before, nestled in the ground. Now there is a shrine with the cave as the center, and around it the remnants of a town that long-ago peoples had built around it. It is not overly impressive, covered in moss and lichen and full of tumbling walls, but it is new and it is not something that Errant would ever had imagined lay beneath the Tundra.

“What do you think?”

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

The world disappears from under them and Lea presses herself into Errant’s side. Once upon a time such travel had terrified her, but she’s grown more used to it over the years. It does not scare her any more, though she would still rather walk.

She stumbles forward when they drop onto the Tundra’s grasses and she presses herself even closer into Errant’s dark coat, suddenly chilled. Apparently her newly un-dead body is still acclimatized to the Dale.

He steps away and she follows, stepping beside him to look out at the Tundra below. She is momentarily surprised by the sight before her. A small shrine lies in a depression in the earth, surrounding what must be a cave mouth. All of it is surrounded by what must be the remains of a human settlement. It looks ancient, but she doesn’t remember ever coming across it in her previous visits to the Tundra. Errant confirms it, calling it new, and her orange-flecked eyes turn to look at him. “I think it’s very curious. What happened here?” She pauses, head cocked to the side. There’s so much she must have missed. “What’s happened in Beqanna since I’ve been gone?” A lot can happen in twelve years - rulers can change, powers can rise and fall. She doesn’t need to know every little last detail, but she’d like to catch up. At least a little bit.

lea

la la la, some text here

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]
    <3